Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual Monitor Fullscreen video?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Up until recently, having a video on fullscreen with dual monitors worked fine. Now, just this week, everytime I click on the second monitor, the video minimizes itself.

Was it a recent update that did this, or is there a setting that I can change?

Thanks,

Jitin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to reproduce this with 11.3.300.268 on Chrome and Firefox in Windows, but it looks like we do have a bug report on this.  I'd recommend taking a minute and casting a vote for this to be fixed.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3087340

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing some searching online, it seems that as a security measure any flash videos will exit full screen mode if it loses focus. This was to prevent any malicious flash player code or something. I don't really know anymore than that.

I'm not sure if that's still how flash player is programmed, but it's happening to me now as well. Youtube was one example that it always occured on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's sounds familiar too.  I used to have the fullscreen return to window mode, but for some reason that's not happening for me now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been suffering from this for the last days as well. Was not sure, but now that I think back, wasnt there a flash update? Anyway, I've found this workaround (for Chrome only, sorry) to get the old behavior back. If you type "about:plugins" into the address bar, you get taken to a plugin listing. In the opper right part, there's a "+ details", which when clicked, should show details on your plugins.

My Chrome (Windows 7, 64bit, v21.0.1180.60 m) looks like the following: http://imgur.com/HH3JK

That shows the most current Flash from Chromes own install as the top. Then the previous version just below, I just disabled the newest Chrome version, and using just the previous version.

I hope this works for others!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, thank you. thank you, thank you!

This tip worked, Chudney is correct when saying that enabling .268 worked.

Adobe, you should fix this ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Svend Tofte's trick works a treat.  The version that was disabled was 11.3.31.222, and re-enabling 11.3.300.268 fixed everything.  Particularly important for watching olympics on BBC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines