Skip navigation
AttilaB12
Currently Being Moderated

Flash CS6 cant open play SWF files without importing and destroying them, how can I get around this?

Aug 1, 2012 12:12 PM

Flash CS6 can't open play SWF files without importing and destroying them, how can I get around this?

I'm just trying to preview an swf file in flash like I have with all previous versions.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 6, 2012 4:25 AM   in reply to AttilaB12

Same problem, any idea?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 6:07 AM   in reply to SNor42

Hi,

This is an intended behavior from CS6 onwards. Please use Flash Player in case if that helps for your case.

Thanks!

Mohan 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 4:40 AM   in reply to Mohanaraj CS

Now way!

Let's imagine I want open SWF directly in Flash CS6 so I want to see trace embed in it. In flash cs5.5 I can simple open swf and it playing also I see trace function working.

How we can do the same without mm.cfg using? =)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to Mohanaraj CS

I'd like to support a reconsideration of this intended behavior. It feels very much like a step backwards, and is pretty inconvenient. I feel like adobe has left out the usability testing from it's product developemnt. Are you talking to many people using the products on a daily basis?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 10:36 AM   in reply to Mohanaraj CS

What if my SWF loads external content from an online server?

Not only does the current flash player prohibit such activity, it doesn't even pop open an error anymore saying there was an error connecting to an online source.

Normally, I would simply drag the SWF into Flash and all connections would go through.  I could see traces, errors, and experience no issues.

Now I can't even do that.  So what then?  You have crippled a fundamental use of the program, but THANK GOD we have that deco brush that nobody asked for.

And for the record, the nature of my work benefits from not necessarily allowing the Flash Player to connect to online content.  The error it pops up?  That's simply another method of error checking that I require.  Updating the Flash Player options is not an option.

Why would you even remove this key feature from Flash anyways?  It's been there for years ... has the ratio of people importing SWFs (a rather useless gesture in an increasing OOP world) really outweighed the people using Flash as a testing environment that much?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 4:36 AM   in reply to AttilaB12

Yeah sorry Adobe but this isn't great... can't we at least have a preference setting to determine whether dropping a SWF into Flash has this updated behaviour or the 'classic' behaviour? Or maybe Flash CS6 asks you what you'd like to do each time - import or run?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 6:33 AM   in reply to moloko5

This cripples my workflow a lot! And opening the swf in Flash player doesn't work for me either. I have a "screen manager" that brings in other swf files and it won't do that. I have to open the screen manger .fla file and ctrl+enter to publish every time just to play my project. EVERY TIME! Not helpful when I used to be able to drag/drop the screen manager swf onto Flash applicaiton to open and play it. I vote for the added option in prefs to let us decide what to do.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points