• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't remove watermark...

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF that I need to remove what looks like a watermark across each page, but using the "remove watermark" feature in Adobe X Pro does not remove it. What else can I try to get rid of

what looks like a watermark on each page?

Thanks,

Andy

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting the object with the Select Object tool and deleting.

Tools > Content > Select Object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, I tried that, but it had no effect. I clicked on Select Object, then clicked on the "watermark" but nothing happened (I expected some type of change / some indication the object was selected, but it had not effect). Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could happen if the file was locked, so you couldn't edit it.

If it was editable, this is how it would look when you select the object. There would be a rectangular bounding box around it. When you hit Delete, it would disappear.

Edit Object.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use the Edit Object (or perhaps Edit Document Text) tool, not the Select Object tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, George! I was using Edit Object tool but calling it Select Object. Confusing naming, I'm afraid, and fell for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm. Well, when I do that, it "activates" the whole page, and all I can do is delete the entire page. Any other thoughs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the entire page is an image, in which case you should be able to edit it in Photoshop if you have it, or maybe use the Redaction tool to remove the parts you don't want. If you can post a sample somewhere we will know for sure what you're dealing with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Remove Watermark" feature only removes watermarks that were created by Acrobat. If the watermark is not an Acrobat one, you can just delete the object with Steve's method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try to save the file as a Word document, check to see if you can then grab and delete just the watermark, then convert the file back to PDF.  I've seen that work in instances like this.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Did you find a solution ? I'm experiencing a similar problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a solution that sometimes works, depending on how the watermark was created.  If it's a gray watermark, export the file to an image (PNG or TIFF works best).  This will create one image for each page of the document.  Then open each page in an image editor.  Raise the contrast to 100%.  This will have the effect of fading the gray watermark so that it is invisible, while any text remains unaffected. Then save the images.  Once all the page images have been edited, recombine them into a .PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines