• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to set document margins

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this is terribly elementary.  I thought I was setting the margin for the document but it is only for the page.  How can I set margins for the whole document?  I couldn't find it in the Document Setup dialogue box.

Thank you!

Isabella

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Slect them all at once in the Pages Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The margins you set initially in document setup are used for the None and A master pages. After that, waht happens depends on what is selected. Selecting a page or pages in the pages panel will apply the new margins to that page or pages, selecting a master page will apply them to all pages based on the master.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Peter's post;

If you have changed the margins on a live page -

You can go to the master page(s) and define the margins which will apply to the whole document, except any pages that have been set locally.

Re-apply the Master Page to the document page(s) and the margins will revert/reflect the Master Margins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was hoping that there is a way to set the same margins on every page in the document no matter what (mistakes) I've done in the past?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set them on the master page. if they're the same as the ones you did on an individual page you don't need to update those unless you change your mind again. As Daniel said, reapplying the master page will reset the margins to the ones onthe master, but it may have some other side effects, like making new master text frames, or leaving some existing frames at the old size. You can minimize the problems with frames not adjusting to the new margins by enabling Layout Adjustment (prior to CS6) using Layout > Layout Adjustment BEFORE you make any changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was hoping that there is a way to set the same margins on every page in the document no matter what (mistakes) I've done in the past?

Re-apply the Master Page to the document page(s) and the margins will revert/reflect the Master Margins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to apply the same margins to all the master pages?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Slect them all at once in the Pages Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines