Skip navigation
Bubbles1027
Currently Being Moderated

Can't install Elements 10 on my mac

Aug 3, 2012 4:39 PM

Tags: #photoshop #problem #macintosh #on #adobe #mac #new #install #can't #pc #trouble #computer #download #installation #elements_10 #redownload

Ok, so I bought Photoshop Elements 10 on my PC. But I didn't get it on a disc, I bought it from the website. I had no problems at all. But I recently got a new computer, a mac. So I went to this website and went to my products and whatever and downloaded it. Once it was all installed, I tried opening it, but this weird window came up and it wouldn't open... So, what do I need to do? I just don't know what to do. Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2012 5:19 PM   in reply to Bubbles1027

What does the weird window say?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 11:23 PM   in reply to Bubbles1027

Could you let us know if you can spot in that window any of the errors described here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-usin g-logs-elements.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 4:36 AM   in reply to Bubbles1027

You can take a screenshot on a mac by pressing command+option+4 and dragging over what you want to capture. The screenshot will appear on your desktop, then you can come here and use the camera button above the message composition area to include it in a post.

It's very hard to make a sensible suggestion with nothing to go on but "A bunch of strange symbols and letters, like some sort of code or something."

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 7:16 AM   in reply to Bubbles1027

, I'm trying Command+shift+3 and Command+shift+4 but nothing is happening

Are you sure? There aren't files appearing on your desktop? If not, then something is wrong.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 9:25 PM   in reply to Bubbles1027

You evidently downloaded the windows version. Go back and get the mac version instead. The disc version includes both platforms, but for a download they are downloaded separately.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points