Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Problem Still Exists

Aug 3, 2012 3:34 PM

Tags: #premiere #cs6

I have just spent $1150. to fix my problem with CS6.

I am running:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU x980 @3.33GHz 2.66 GHz

RAM: 24 GB

Scratch disk is on separate SSD

Video card: Geforce GTX680 (new)

Hard Drive Storage:12 TB

Power Supply: 1200 W

I have a very large project; it is a full length feature film (1hr 26 min)  in high def. I created the project using  CS5 with no problems. I upgraded to CS6 and the problems started. I was using a Quadro 4000 video card and I was getting what can best be described as pixelated visuals when viewing clips in the video monitor. This "pixelation" does not occur on every clip and this problem does not show in the preview/clip viewer. I have had Adobe tech people help me and I have been on these forums. I have done what was suggested (solid state drive for operating system, better video card) to the tune of $1150.00 and the problem still exists. At this point I do not believe it could be a hardware situation but I thought I would start here. Does anyone have any thoughts about what I can do now, I have a deadline which is upon me and I'm stumped.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2012 3:40 PM   in reply to stynkrbelle

Unfortunately what you describe and the conditions are very broad. I assume you mean the Pixelation is showing in the Program Monitor but not on the Source monitor? What Nvidia driver do you have installed for the Quadro card? I would likely need to remote in on this one to help. You can PM me or email me at support@adkvideoediting.com

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 4:01 PM   in reply to stynkrbelle

Ok, how did you handle the Video driver with the new 680GTX install? What did you use for the Geforce driver?

BTW if your on a deadline and the source monitor is working fine, switch to Software MPE mode under Project settings and the General category. Delete your previews when it prompts you. Then you should atleast be able to work while you are dealing with the problem.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 4:04 PM   in reply to stynkrbelle

Did you completely remove the Quadro drivers before the install? What exactly does the pixelation entail?

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 4:09 PM   in reply to stynkrbelle

Did you get all of the critical windows updates done specifically the Framework 4.0 and Visual C++ 2010 ones finished? Also have you run the Direct X updater yet?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 5:37 PM   in reply to stynkrbelle

You also need to rule the ram out as the issue since this is intermittent and tied to the MPE engine. Download this http://www.memtest.org/download/4.20/memtest86+-4.20.iso.zip and unzip. Then burn as an image to disc. When you head to bed restart and boot to this disc. Let that test all night and see if you have any errors in the morning.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 11:20 PM   in reply to stynkrbelle

Hello stynkrbelle,

What else do you have in your system?  Black Magic Design card?  AJA card?

What are your playback settings set to for external output?  Black Magic or Adobe Player?  If Adobe Player, switch it to Black Magic Playback for video and audio too. 

What is your motherboard?  What slot do you have the 680 in?  Is it a 16x slot or 8x or 4x?  Since you are running a 980 processor I assume you have a X58 motherboard.  What other items do you have in your motherboard slots?   BMD card, Raid controller, etc

Best Wishes,

Wayland Strickland

Strickland Video Services

Orlando

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers