Skip navigation
jenfiler
Currently Being Moderated

Internet Explorer Script Error

Aug 4, 2012 11:30 AM

Tags: #internet_explorer_script_error #script_error_when_installing_adobe_reader_x

I am trying to install the most recent version of Adobe Reader onto a Windows XP SP3 computer with Internet Explorer 8.  I am able to download just fine, but I run into a problem during the installation when I get to the part where it tries to retrieve the install.  From what I can tell, instead of downloading the actual installation file it's as if I'm downloading something that handle the download of the actual installation file (like a download manager).  Anyway, no matter where I download from and no matter whether I save first or run without saving I get the same Internet Explorer Script Error.  It looks something like this:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 1

Char: 9914

Error: Object expected

Code: 0

URL: http://127.0.0.1:4287/app/_js/adobe.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes No

I have tried everything I can think of.  I don't know if some random Internet Explorer setting is interfering with the install or if it's something else.  Also, whether I hit Yes or No, nothing happens.  I have only tried downloading from the Adobe website and have not tried using third party websites.

Please help.

Thanks,

jen

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2012 4:12 PM   in reply to jenfiler

Make sure you are running SP 3. Reader X requires it. The try to download from

http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 9:18 PM   in reply to jenfiler

I do not know why you receive that error; it's not something I have seen before.

Try downloading from this FTP link (assuming that you want the English language Reader version); there shouldn't be any script involved in this:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/10.1.3/en_US/AdbeRdr1013 _en_US.exe

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2013 7:08 PM   in reply to jenfiler

I had the same problem, the FTP download worked great! thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points