• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download Flash 11.3

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash 11.2, and have been trying to update to 11.3 for a few weeks now. When I click the download link, it shows as being instantly canceled in the download window. I double-click the entry to retry and it shows a progress bar and seems to download fine, but then the file does not appear on my desktop. When I try to open the file from the download window, the "Open" command is greyed out.

I have tried using the direct download link in the Installation Problems FAQ, and had the same problem. I've also tried downloading other Adobe trials, and have had the same lack of results. I've also tried downloading while no other programs were open that might be using Flash, just in case that messed something up. No luck.

I also did a computer search to see if any of the adobe files just downloaded somewhere else, but nothing came up. (And fyi, downloads from other websites work just fine.)

I use Windows XP, Firefox 14.0.1, and ZoneAlarm if it matters any. Any advice, or other reputable sites I can update my Flash from?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

.Hello!

Your internet options/settings are probably preventing your browser from downloading and executing files on your system. If the security setting is set to High, or if you have customized the Internet zone settings, it will block all, or some file downloads/executible files(launching applications and unsafe files)

I was having the same problem since last week, and I reset my internet optioins to default, and I can now download files again:~)

Solution: Reset System Internet Security Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the offline installer(s) from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Make sure that the installers download completely; check the file size

• install_flash_player.exe: 9,827,016 bytes; 9,597 KB; 9.37 MB
  • install_flash_player_ax.exe: 9,231,560 bytes; 9,016 KB; 8.80 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it, but I still get the same problem. Even right-clicking the download link (install_flash_player.exe) and choosing Save Link As to specify my desktop. It still cancels instantly, and when I restart the download in the download window, the progress bar increases normally, and says it finishes downloading at 9.4 MB. But then the file is nowhere to be found, and right-clicking on the file in the download window has the options Open and Open Containing Folder greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JambaFi99 wrote:

It still cancels instantly...

Who cancels it - Firefox?  Can you download other stuff (installers), e.g. http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/10.1.3/en_US/AdbeRdr1013_en_US.exe ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.Hello!

Your internet options/settings are probably preventing your browser from downloading and executing files on your system. If the security setting is set to High, or if you have customized the Internet zone settings, it will block all, or some file downloads/executible files(launching applications and unsafe files)

I was having the same problem since last week, and I reset my internet optioins to default, and I can now download files again:~)

Solution: Reset System Internet Security Options.

Reset your Security settings for the Internet zone to the default level.

Windows XP: Go to Control Panel- Internet Options

Internet Propeties window will open up. Navigate to Security tab, and click Reset all zones to default......Or you can click on the individual Internet Zone, and hit default level. 

hopefully this fixes your probelm:)

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aah! Chipmunk427, thank you so much! That was precisely the solution I needed! All I had to do was enable File Download in the Internet Options, and Adobe Flash 11.4 downloaded perfectly.

Thank you again! =D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines