Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Templates Not Changing?

Aug 5, 2012 6:31 PM

Tags: #bug #templates #business_catalyst

I have two separate templates that seem to not reflect the changes made in either the Admin or DW.

The website still reflects the old template without the changes, however, both the Admin and DW show the correct version of the template. I have attempted to click Update in the admin to see if changes would be reflected and that does not work.

I am seeing this only on pages and I noticed it a few days ago before the most recent server maintenance on the NJ Server. It is not happening on the pages itself only on templates. This error reminds of a similar error that was happening when the server cache was not updating the pages correctly or in a timely fashion. (If I remember the problem correctly.)

Are others seeing this issue?

Note: I have cleared cache in two browsers and both still show the old template. I would link to pages here but one is in a secure zone and the other page is not a public page. Also I have opened a case on this issue which contains more information. (#0183505321)

Replies
  • mario_gudelj
    1,677 posts
    Oct 13, 2010
    Aug 6, 2012 9:22 PM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Thanks for submitting that case, Lynda. Our support team will investigate this for you and get back to you on the issue as long as you have provided the relevant info, such as URL, template names, screenshots of what you're seeing etc.

Cheers,

-mario

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,672 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Aug 6, 2012 9:33 PM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

This an older site your working on Lynda?

This is an issue with that Templates ran as BC made a change to them a while back. You can see that on older BC sites .html is shown in template name but new ones dont. When you try to work on older templates it gets confused and you see two templates one with .html one without. The without is your updated one and the .html the old one in the system (which you cant replace) being the one selected.

Check see if it is that and you not got two now. If so choose the one without .html and delete that via the admin.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,672 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Aug 7, 2012 12:14 AM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Not that then, just checking

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,672 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Aug 8, 2012 8:28 PM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Had this with files on an email template. Even deleted the images still render in the emails sent out by the system web forms etc, lol.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2013 9:43 AM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

I know this is an old thread, but I just had the same issue happen on my site. When I logged in this morning, all of my pages that I had been working with had been reverted to "no template" . I now have lots and lots of pages and catalogs to reset.... boooooo.

Has anyone found a reason for this or a quick way to set them all back to correct template? I'm not really thrilled about the idea of doing this all manually.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points