Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver Help | Connect to a remote server

Aug 5, 2012 6:46 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 5, 2012 6:46 PM   in reply to Community Help

Component: Dreamweaver CS6 from creative cloud

--

All the time I switch to one website to another I cannot connect via FTP. Message: FTP error occurred and a list of stupid reasons (not connected to the net, wrong details, etc ) I disabled all possible firewalls. If I keep switching between websites finally work but this is NOT a way to use it in production. How I manage? I go in remote on a windows computer.

Password is not saved for security reasons

Mate, honestly, in CS5.5 was perfect, why did you fix something that was working? And if you do wish to impriove why did you not improve it in "testing environment" on not on my money?

Please do whatever you wish but FIX IT please!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 7:11 PM   in reply to corifeanu

Have you installed the Dreamweaver 12.0.1 updater?

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs6 12712

Fixes several FTP issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 1:19 AM   in reply to John Waller

Today I just installed a fresh new dreamweaver, I supposed it includes last updates. Anyway I applied the update.

One website created was okay, the second was okay. I worked on second about two hours and when I switched to the first one, I connect to remote, input the password and I am again extremely unhappy and frustrated. I got that stupid message ".. cannot connect network problems.." Any help much appreciated.

Why I need this FTP?

- because I will keep paying on it for another 11 months

- because I am working on many websites (switching from one to another) and inserting the password anytime I am doing changes stop me to upload files in wrong places (websites).

What may happen:

last month I did a test, I stored passwords (I tried to see what will happen). After switching from one website to another I fond the system in a very unusual status: local website was correct but the remote was listing  files from the previous accessed website.

From my side is like dreamweaver is caching something and when I get "cannot connect" actually it tries to connect using  the new password to the old website. Have not idea if this can help but please consider it.

On my computer is only paid software, our environment is as secure as something can be nowadays, the single strange stuff I have is the Skype.

Question?

What data do you need to get fixed my issue because it MUST be fixed.

Tried to upload a print-screen but cannot upload it (15Kb)

Thank you and I look forward to your solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 2:54 AM   in reply to Community Help

The documentation mentions that…

"SFTP uses encryption and public keys to secure a connection to your testing server."

How can one set up a server with private key authentication?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to TheHorror

Copying an answer from Nancy O on a similar post SFTP private key authorization

SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) is better handled by a dedicated FTP client like Filezilla.  And depending on the type of Key you have, you may also need two PuTTy tools: PuTTyGen and Pageant.

http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Howto

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 5:52 AM   in reply to Preran

> SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) is better handled by a dedicated FTP client

That is my point. It should be perfectly handled by Dreamweaver.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points