Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Marie Eleonore Lechat
Currently Being Moderated

updating cs4 to have camera raw 5.7

Aug 7, 2012 4:36 AM

updating cs4 to have camera raw 5.7 "installation encounters problem, please close adobe bridge", but adobe bridge is not open what should I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2012 5:02 AM   in reply to Marie Eleonore Lechat

Task Manager --> Processes tab --> Bridge.exe --> Right-click --> End Process

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to Marie Eleonore Lechat

Moving this discussion to the Camera RAW forum.  Marie Eleonore Lechat please try the steps which Mylenium listed in message #1.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to Marie Eleonore Lechat

Hi,

I have been having a very similar problem. Win 7 64 bit.Trying to install Camera Raw 5.7 into CS4. I got the message Please close Bridge, when it was not open.

Eventually I found out that I needed to go to System Configuration ( Start menu, type Run in the search box, Choose Run, you get msconfig, say ok,) and in the System Configuration window choose the Sart-up tab. Take the tick out of Bridge. Say Apply, and OK. Restart the pc.

At last, it works.

Incidentally, Bridge is installed in the 32bit part of Program Files, and CS4 is in both 32 and 64. so you need the Camera Raw 5.7 plug-in in both 32 and 64. ( Program Files - Common Files - Adobe - plug-ins - CS4 - File formats )

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points