Copied

Adobe Extension Manager CS6 Update

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

Mac runnig 10.7.4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Here's what worked for me on Mac OS 10.6.8.

I manually trashed the the Adobe Extension Manager CS6 from my Applications folder.

I redownloaded the CS6 Extension Manager from here: http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/

I reinstalled the CS6 EM, then ran Adobe Application Manager and then the update installed fine.

Never even rebooted. Just went though the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Applications/Utilties/Adobe Application Manager/Core what version of the Adobe Application Manager.app do you have?  Have you tried updating to the latest version located in the bottom right hand corner of our download page at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 6.277.0 (I just downloaded it). Rebooted and got the same error when I tried to update. I just loaded the program last night and thought I would check for updates this evening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try applying the update manually from our Product update page at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downloaded from the website, but got a different error:

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I downloaded a different file..Found the correct file and it installed correctly, but when I run update from CS6 it give me the same file to update and the same error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting it seems the the Adobe Application Manager is still having difficulty with the update.  I would recommend contacting our support team for additional investigation.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got exactly the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into the same problem. I tried the Adobe Updater from the menu bar and it gave me an error. I downloaded the update directly, then tried to install it and got the "Error Code: U44M2P7" message.

I'm using Mountain Lion 10.8 on a MacBook Pro (mid-2010).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I faced this difficulty as well this morning when trying to apply the same update.  I will try troubleshooting it locally and respond back to this thread with the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on a Mac running 10.6.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with Mountain Lion 10.8

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, running Lion 10.7.4, Adobe Application Manager 6.2.112.0 on a Mac Pro. Tried downloading and installing Application Manager6.2_all.dmg. No 6.2.277. This has been going on since July? Ridiculous.

What's also ridiculous is how Bridge crashes every other time I use it. And Photoshop inexplicably froze on me today when I tried to open a file. I was hoping CS6 wasn't as buggy as CS4 - the only reason I didn't upgrade CS3 to CS4 was because of how buggy Fireworks and Bridge were. CS6 is apparently just as buggy, if not more. Sheez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trixieirisheyes if you can please post a separate thread regarding your issue with Bridge it would be appreciated.  I am still investigating the issue with the Extension Manager update at the moment and would rather keep this separate.

Depending on your usage with Bridge I would recommend posting your inquiry to the associated Adobe software forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick update I have submitted a bug report which includes log files from my local system for additional investigation.  I will continue to update this thread as I have additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I am not glad that I am not alone, it is of some consolation. Mac OS 10.8

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what worked for me on Mac OS 10.6.8.

I manually trashed the the Adobe Extension Manager CS6 from my Applications folder.

I redownloaded the CS6 Extension Manager from here: http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/

I reinstalled the CS6 EM, then ran Adobe Application Manager and then the update installed fine.

Never even rebooted. Just went though the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Lee.  This worked for me as well.  I applied the 6.0.2 update from the Product update page at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/.  I will update the submitted bug report accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing this and got this message

Screen Shot 2013-05-24 at 9.41.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WoodhallS that error indicates the disk image is corrupted.  Try downloading again and if the problem persists try an alternate Internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I tried this suggestion, I now get this error message

Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SiCaln did you delete the Adobe Extension Manager CS6 folder, redownload from the link provided by LeeWarner, and then apply the update?  These steps should resolve the difficulty as the root cause appears to be trying to apply the 6.0.2 update to the 6.0.1 version of Extension Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok deleted the stuff needing deletion and re downloaded what needed down loading. all is good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same updte installation error.  I get it with both the Extension Manager update (CS6) and the CSXS Infrastructure update.

I tried downloading the Extension Manager from the link (with the manual update), and get the same error when trying to install the manual update.

I also uninstalled my entire Photoshop CS6 installation and installed fresh; no change.

Has this been confirmed as a problem with the patch?  Is a fixed patch upcoming?

-- M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mikevarney please either rereview Lee's directions or review Can't apply Extension Manager update 6.0.2 | Mac OS - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/unable-apply-extension-manager-update.html.  These steps have been resolving the issue.

From your post it appears that you did not delete the Extension Manager and then reinstall it from the Exchange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines