Skip navigation
toby1044
Currently Being Moderated

acrobat needs serial number

Aug 8, 2012 7:38 AM

I can't use AAM--many other people are having the same problem. It freezes and takes over my internet connection when I try to install anything. To get around this, I've installed the trial versions of apps which have been activated when I start the program and sign in. As per http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for acrobat as it asks for a serial number; there is no sign in option. How do I get round this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 9, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to toby1044

From the behavior you are describing it appears you have a software firewall or some other security application preventing the Adobe Application Manager from accessing the Internet.  Please make sure the PDApp.exe is configured as a exclusion.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to toby1044

Toby1044 so I can understand a bit more of your network topology is your router and switch both separate devices?  Do you have any filtering set up or are possibly using a Private DNS server?  In addition to allowing PDApp.exe to access the Internet you will also want to ensure you are able to access https://activate.adobe.com and that you are allowing traffic not only on port 80 but also 443.

Perhaps port 443 is blocked which might be why the Adobe Application Manager started functioning once you had a direct connection to the Internet?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 3:24 PM   in reply to toby1044

Seems strange not sure how AAM would freeze up your router.  Are you using any type of custom firmware?  Would it be possible to try returning your router/switch back to factory settings to see if they have the same issue?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points