Skip navigation
ggingco
Currently Being Moderated

PDF link issue in Dreamweaver

Aug 8, 2012 12:06 PM

Clicking on PDF links in Dreamweaver brings up an Adobe PDF error that says: "There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat. If it is running, please exit and try again. (1:1)". We tried reinstalling to the latest version of Acrobat X but the error continues.

We thought this was an Acrobat error, however PDFs function normally so long as they are not called out from Dreamweaver. We have tried reinstalling Dreamweaver with no luck as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Machine is Windows 7 with Dreamweaver CS5 v6 and Acrobat X.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 12:16 PM   in reply to ggingco

Where exactly are you clicking on a link to a PDF?

Is it within your page in Dreamweaver, or part of the Dreamweaver application itself?

Assuming it's a page, does it occur in Live View?
    What are you expecting to happen when you click on the link?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to ggingco

OK, why do you want to preview/open a PDF from within Dreamweaver?

You should be able to do so while in Live View, but I would not expect this to work in just Design View in any version of Dreamweaver.

If you are just trying to test out what the experience would be like for the visitors to your website, then you should be doing so in a web browser. e.g. use Preview In Browser from Dreamweaver, then click the link for the PDF from within your browser.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 12:24 AM   in reply to ggingco

Hello,

have a look here http://hansgd.de/AdobTest/pdf/pdf.php, where I tried to use images with links to a pdf-file. Maybe you could explain in your problem a little more for me.

Hans-Günter

P.S.

It's really a pdf file. (Screenshot > image inserted in WORD > doc file converted to pdf)

Nachricht geändert durch hans-g.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points