Skip navigation
ewrigh13
Currently Being Moderated

Program freezing during startup

Aug 8, 2012 11:54 AM

Tags: #cs5 #indesign #creative #suite #freeze #crash_on_launch

I have been experiencing issues while attempting to open InDesign files. I have tried opening the program directly and opening specific InDesign files, however - in both instances - the program fails to open and ends up crashing. This issue first started as I was using the program to edit a simple text file. The program froze while I was saving the document and I have been unable to open the program since. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 1:36 PM   in reply to ewrigh13

Start by locating and renaming or emptying the InDesign Recovery folder in your user profile or user library (you didn't mention your OS). This may be hidden, but should be in the same directory as the InDesign SavedData file, and you'll find the list of locations at Replace Your Preferences

That should allow you to restart ID, but does not solve the other problem. Let us know the OS, and any error messages you receive, and we may be able to give you some more advice for locating the source of the crash.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 3:12 PM   in reply to ewrigh13

OK. Take a look at SING Removal

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 4:04 PM   in reply to ewrigh13

There might be a Dr Watson log that would be helpful....

Also, create a new user account and log in with that. If ID woeks there, we know the problem is in theuser, if not it's either the application or some other system problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2012 2:17 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Looks like I'm having the same problem. Ewright13, were you able to resolve the issue?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points