Skip navigation
Drift c
Currently Being Moderated

Facebook plugin issues

Aug 8, 2012 9:53 PM

Tags: #export #lightroom_4 #4.1

The export to facebook plugin is giving me this error:

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.app/Contents/PlugIns/Facebook.lrplugin

**** Error 1

This plug-in’s post-processing task did not finish successfully.

Photo upload failed, but no error string was returned from Facebook.

I am trying to publish photos to an album that has previously been updated, and has not yet went past the 200 photo limit. 

I have ensured that permissions on facebook have been set to public, deleted lightroom uploader on facebook, reauthenticated numerous times, and created a new album.  Every time I recieve that error.  Most times one or two photos are uploaded, all duplicates of ones that have been previously published. 

I am using lightroom 4.1 with OSX 10.6.8 

Is there anything else that I can try?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 22, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to Drift c

I've been getting this exact problem for a while now when I try to upload photos to any album. Currently, I just keep re-publishing and eventually the pictures get through, but I get some duplicates. Would love to get a solution for this! It's a huge pain!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 21, 2012 10:06 AM   in reply to rairtonk

I am also receiving the same error when trying to publish pictures to Facebook (note: previously - several months ago - I was able to publish to Facebook just fine *without* receiving this error.  Also, I don't have issues with other Lightroom 4.2 publishing plugins):

• Lightroom 4.2
    • Mac OSX 10.7.5

Any solutions?

(agree with both posters that this is a *huge* pain)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points