Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Minimal iPad Access

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum barely works on an iPad.

Formatting is still iffy, and worse than that, there is no ability to edit an existing post.

Not to point out the obvious but there are upwards of a hundred million of these things out there now (I am typing this on ours).

I really hope Adobe has plans to include iPad on the list of systems its forums are designed to run on properly one day soon.

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive supports a mobile UX; you can try it out it here:  https://adobeforum.jive-mobile.com/demo/

John Cornicello could turn on this capability pretty easily. However, when it is on, users of mobile devices can no longer access the regular site. This is a problem for some people, which is why John hasn't flipped the switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for one hate the dumbed down interface that is in many mobile UIs. Leave the switch turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I wouldn't want a limited mobile device-specific interface either.

Since the iPad is pretty much a fully functional Safari, I should think it should be possible to just make it work - after all I *can* type in posts - but I haven't thought through the implications of a touch screen editor interface and the full editor.  Obviously things like mouse-based selections are pretty different.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines