• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eCommerce - couple of issues

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1/ Social integration - I want to integrate some social elements and for this I need the {tag_smallimage} to be used as the thumbnail on the social sites - but I just need the image URL not the full img tag.  In another web app I have done this by using the tag {tag_imagename_value}  but I have tried {tag_smallimage_value} - but no joy? 

2/  Attributes - Why is there not a text box attribute?  I am currently making a eshop that offer engraving, the product might have three attributes and each needs engraving.  What I wanted to do was:

Attribute One: (a drop down box of options)

Attribute Two: Textbox to enter what is to be engraved on attribute one

Attribute Three: (a drop down box of options)

Attribute Four: Textbox to enter what is to be engraved on attribute two

Attribute Five: (a drop down box of options)

Attribute Six: Textbox to enter what is to be engraved on attribute one

You get the idea...  I see that you can add "Capture details" which adds a 'special instructions' box - but this is just one box and not ideal as you cannot change size or title...   Anyone know a better method?

3/ Product price - I know it has been asked but wonder if there is a fix.  After the user selects an attribute (and add cost to the product) is there a way to update the price on the page - not have to wait until added to cart?

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Hey Mel.

1. it is _path for eCommerce (Do not ask why, lol).

So... {tag_smallimage_path}

2. If you want someone to drop a message you do use the capture details box for this but for you treat it as a data store. Hid that actual box and form up your own input fields in the product layout. With javascript when they are filled in/add to cart happens have your code populate the capture details box with that field data.

3. You would need to do this with javascript again so on any change of attributes you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4/ Random Product - is there a way of displaying a random product like in web apps - either from a catalog or TAG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mel.

1. it is _path for eCommerce (Do not ask why, lol).

So... {tag_smallimage_path}

2. If you want someone to drop a message you do use the capture details box for this but for you treat it as a data store. Hid that actual box and form up your own input fields in the product layout. With javascript when they are filled in/add to cart happens have your code populate the capture details box with that field data.

3. You would need to do this with javascript again so on any change of attributes you look for a value there and update the visual price with it.

4. Not at the moment out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Hid that actual box and form up your own input fields in the product layout. With javascript when they are filled in/add to cart happens have your code populate the capture details box with that field data.

Hi Liam, Do you know any example code for this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you need this, Mel - http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines