Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

DW CS6 Setting Android App Icon

Aug 10, 2012 9:52 AM

Hi

Using DW CS6, just created an Android app with jQuery Mobile and deployed using the PhoneGap Build Service.

Problem is when it gets installed on a smartphone it has the PhoneGap default app icon:

Q. How can I customise and set up my own icon ?

Thanks..

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 10, 2012 12:03 PM   in reply to JonaTec1

Can you find  the code calling for that image, and replace it with yours?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to JonaTec1

We would not be playing 20 questions if you were to upload a test page to your server and provide us with a link.

How about it?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 4:00 AM   in reply to JonaTec1

OK

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 6:50 AM   in reply to JonaTec1

In Dreamweaver CS6, you use PhoneGap Build to compile apps. The details for the icon need to go in config.xml. The PhoneGap Build documentation explains how to do it: https://build.phonegap.com/docs/config-xml.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 3:03 PM   in reply to JonaTec1

A PhoneGap application must always be created in a new Dreamweaver site. Normally, you create config.xml yourself in the site root.

However, if you don't create config.xml yourself, Dreamweaver automatically creates one with default settings when you first access the PhoneGap Build Service through DW CS6.

You should see an option in the PhoneGap Build Service panel to create a new project. When you click Continue, Dreamweaver uploads your app to PhoneGap Build, and creates a ProjectSettings file and a default config.xml. Open the file, and edit it following the instructions in the documentation I pointed to earlier.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 10:12 PM   in reply to David_Powers

Mr. Powers,

This may be a coding 101 issue, but here goes. I am using Dreamweaver CS6 and I have reviewed the documentation from phone gap that you provided a link to. I have coded the lines for icons in the config.xml file and I still get the default image from phone-gap. Obviously I am missing something. As I understand, the line of code is as follows except to insert the path to the icon after the "src".

<icon src="icons/android/ldpi.png" gap:platform="android" gap:density="ldpi" />

I have tried it many ways with no luck, I have even reviewed some applications I built in Eclipse trying to figure out what I am doing wrong, however the files are different, Eclipse has the icons set up in the xml manifest. Any ideas or suggestions on where I can find additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points