Skip navigation
Engrafix.ca
Currently Being Moderated

Point of sale rewards program

Aug 11, 2012 12:14 AM

Hello, I'm creating a site in muse, and my customer now needs to add a feature to the site that I'm not familiar with. It's a point of sale rewards/appreciation program. What this means is ; there is a store that has rewards cards when a purchase is made points will be added to their account. My job is to make them be able to check their points balance on the website and for it to update automatically.

Seems impossible without php and MySQL but if it is, please let me know!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 11, 2012 8:18 AM   in reply to Engrafix.ca

Hi Encgragix,

Moving your post to the Muse specific forum.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 8:07 PM   in reply to David__B

Not possible at the moment with any built-in Muse function that I personally know of. Though you might have some luck with just customizeable HTML with "Object > Insert HTML". It seems though that this will be very complex considering you'll most likely need some sort of a customer "portal" or "login" that can keep track of this data and update promptly. I'll keep an eye out for you, but at the time, as stated, I don't think with Muse at thie version it achievable.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 10:55 PM   in reply to RoyaltyTech

In order to view and edit these types of data, you're going to need a database, and know some database driven programming. Business Catalyst allows you to make this sort of WebApp with minimal coding, you can check out the free trial here:

https://syd.worldsecuresystems.com/PartnerPortal/FreeTrialSignup.aspx# splash

Hope this helps,

Julia

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points