Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ERROR: DW050 on Elements and CS6

Aug 11, 2012 4:40 PM

I am attempting to install Photoshop Elements 10 (I have a key for it) on my Mac running OSX 10.8 and keep getting ERROR: DW050. I also tried to download CS6 and ran into the same problem.

I've tried following troubleshoot directions and still no fix. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 12, 2012 5:15 PM   in reply to zbhall

The error relates to an older version of Flash Player and the installation skips installing it.  You can ignore this error and just launch your application and it should run just fine.  After you have launched it, please make sure you get all the updates by going to Help >> Updates.

The windows document relating to this is here:

<http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/installation-error-dw050-dw02 0-cs5.html>

The error applies to Macs as well.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 7:49 PM   in reply to zbhall

Are you logged in as Administrator when you install PSE 10?  Not sure what the correct term is for Macs but in Windows you need to be logged in as Administrator to ensure all the dependent files are copied in the correct folders.

I know nothing about Macs so perhaps somebody else might chip in to help here.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 11:08 PM   in reply to zbhall

here is the the solution to Adobe Premiere Elements 10 install issue - it is a patche fix from Adobe:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5323

The only problem you will encounter is that Apple will not let you run download the patch- you will have to force it to overide the security setting; just read the directions and click on the question mark for the help.  first launch the CD and stop when you get to  INSTALL then run the adobe patch- it will actuall grab files from the CD along with the downloaded patch and save it to the computer. The final install is not even going to access the CD.  it will get a little confusing but keep trying. i will confuse it more if i keep typing. good luck ! it will work !

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points