• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I send an email to support? re: free trial didn't start but Adobe thinks it did

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just received an email from Adobe regarding  a free trial of FM 11 that I tried to download a couple of weeks ago, but it didn't complete and I got a message that the trial couldn't download because archive files were missing and I should download those too (it's a pity the downloader is not told how to do this).

However Adobe obviously thought that not only did the download work, but I'd already launched my trial, as I got email confirmations and 'Welcome' and tutorial suggestions.

I didn't do anything about this at the time, but I just received an email from Adobe saying my trial was half over.  I replied to the email, but afterwards I noticed that it was a no-reply.

Who can I contact to clear this up, please?  I would like to start my trial fresh, after my first launch of the download I successfully performed yesterday.

I wanted to chat with someone but I didn't see a button and the instructions about solving this were inadequate.  I know there is a place for sending requests like this but I used it quite a while ago and I'm not sure how to navigate there. 

Thank you for your help,

Susan

PS Allow me to ask this question also, while I'm writing:  I'm a newbie to Framemaker10 (I'm using it at work but I don't have it on my home computer, hence the download).  I've asked the community a few questions. Two have been answered, but two are not receiving any replies at all, even though I notice that several users have read my questions.

Is there any way to be certain that questions will be answered, or does such assurance only come with a purchase of support?  My FM license was purchased only a little more than a month ago, so would such service still be active?

Also, does a purchase of a FM license allow for use on both a desktop and a laptop, like the Creative Suite apps?

Thanks again!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your questions to the FrameMaker forum to get the best response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan,

This is a user-to-user forum, so there's no guarantee that any questions will be answered and it has nothing to do with any support options that you've purchased. From what I see, all of your questions have been responded to.

The EULA for FM allows you to install and use (but not concurrently) FM on two devices.

AFAIK, the marketing emails are generated automatically whenever you download a trial. Your actual trial period begins when you succesfully install the product and specify the type of installation (30-day trial orr serial number install). You can also use the web-option for a trial without having to go through a complete download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

You can send me an email to the email address tcssup@adobe.com with the phone number you want us to get back to you .

Thanks

Harpreet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> AFAIK, the marketing emails are generated automatically whenever you download a trial.

You may get one from trying the web option as well (I just got one one, from an attempt last week) ...

... even if the web option doesn't work (which it didn't on Firefox 3.6 / SPARC Solaris).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

Welcome to forums.

As you mentioned that you received an email from Adobe. That is a auto generated email by the systems, so you don't need to worry about it, If you download the product today, according to system it starts from today however pratically, trial starts after you installed and first launch it. So please ignore that email

You can install the FM in your desktop and laptop and activate it on both the machines however cannot use it at the same time as per User License Agreement. As Harpeet mentioned the email for support team, you can post your question on forums or to that email.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, Priyank!

Your reply indeed answered all my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines