Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing separate CS3 components

Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for reference, I'm using Windows 7 on a laptop with little HD space left, and therefore have only been working with the CS component most needed: Indesign. If I wish to install an additional CS program, in this case Photoshop, may I do so without reinstalling ID, or must ID be reinstalled with PS? This is what the setup is prompting.

I've very little space left, and am away from additional resources or equipment without time to go astray and fiddle, in case installing PS mandates a reinstall of my ID which is working fine now, but might not upon reinstall (I seem to recall some odd updates needing to be installed, and there's just no time.)

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

No, it's an all or nothing thing. You'd have to uninstall CS3 and then reinstall with the programs of the suite chosen that you need in a custom install. And the CS3 installer indeed being terribly flakey, there's no guarantee that this wil lwirk the first time or ever at all, especioally on an operating system CS3 was never properly tested on nor certified...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it's an all or nothing thing. You'd have to uninstall CS3 and then reinstall with the programs of the suite chosen that you need in a custom install. And the CS3 installer indeed being terribly flakey, there's no guarantee that this wil lwirk the first time or ever at all, especioally on an operating system CS3 was never properly tested on nor certified...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines