Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Mackie MCU Pro and Audition CS6 problems

Aug 14, 2012 12:54 PM

Hi,

Has anyone got Audition CS6 and Mackie's MCU Pro control surface working properly -  in particular the mute/solo/arm lights?

Say I have a 24 channel mix on screen and I press record arm, mute or solo on one track. Initially the corresponding button lights up on the MCU. If I then use the MCU Bank or Channel select keys on the MCU to scroll across channels, the record, mute or solo button does not move across with the channel but instead stays on the same physical MCU channel or the one adjacent. The LCD display and faders move and work as expected.

I have downloded the latest Audition patch and use windows 7 and Apple Macbook pro systems. The MCU has the latest Mackie firmware. (It's happening on Apple and PC based systems).

I have scoured the internet for any other reports of this and haven't seen anything. I thought it may be my MCU but support people at the store where I bought it replicated the problem using another MCU Pro and system.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Alistair

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 14, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to ARWC28

Which Mackie protocol is it using? Make sure that it is set to standard Mackie Control not HUI.

You may have to wait until one of the developers sees this post in order to get any feedback that they have about working with the MCU Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to ARWC28

I can confirm the problem. Solo and mute lights on MCU PRO are not updating correctly when scrolling banks or tracks. This makes mutes and solos very awkward to use even via softaware UI.

I am using Audition CS6 on Mac OS X. I hope there will be patch release for AU CS6 to fix this problem - or firmware update for MCU if the problem lies there...

Kati Haapamäki

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 12:50 PM   in reply to ARWC28

Sorry there hasn't been an official response yet - a few of us thought the others were on it.

We've been able to reproduce this issue and a bug report has been submitted.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2012 12:05 PM   in reply to _durin_

Thanks. I own Production CS6 bundle and Audio edition in MCU Pro is very important for my postproduction work. By the way, I would like to see MCU working in Premiere Pro specifically for the Mixer and Video playback. MCU Pro could be use for such purpose.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to _durin_

I installed new 5.0.2 patch but alas, no fix for the mackie control issue. Some Eucon bugs were fixed tho... I hope we will get 5.0.3 soon... Please, please.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 5:36 PM   in reply to ARWC28

Just picked up the Mackie MCU Pro.  Most of it works with Audition CS6, but not everything.  The jog wheel isn't consistant with its...jogging, either.  Sometimes its 2 second intervals, other times 5 minutes.

Anyone still having issues? 

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 6:01 AM   in reply to ARWC28

Odd.  I haven't had issues with the indicator lights.  They seem to be functioning properly. 

I'm using Win7 with the Adobe Creative Cloud

My settings in Audition are:

Device Class: Mackie

Device Type: Mackie Control

MIDI Input Device MCU Pro USB v3.1

MIDI Output Device MCU Pro USB v3.1

Not sure if any of that makes a difference.  Are there other settings I'm not aware of?

Something new.... The board locked up twice since first hooking it up yesterday.  Both times while using the Fader Bank jump buttons.  I reached the end of my channels.  Hit the jump button again, and boom.... entire board locked up.  Audition sitll worked with my keyboard, though.  Unfortunately/fortunately, this is sporadic.  Doesn't always happen.

Going to be a shame moving to ProTools, but I'll use what works best.  These little glitches are going to cost me money in lost time.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 6:34 AM   in reply to ARWC28

Shopping for a control surface -- I'd love to have an update on this -- anyone from the staff? Is the MCU Pro fixed?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 2:04 PM   in reply to MannyEdwards

I just had our most recent internal builds checked, and our next release has full Mackie surface control for these track toggles.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 2:18 PM   in reply to _durin_

Awesome! Do you know the release date?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers