This is the message I get shortly after starting.
I would put it in but I can't paist from the clipboard.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times both with and without a restart.
Could you please do the following and see if it solves the issue:
1. Open the installation folder for Adobe Reader (by default its C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0)
2. Navigate to [Install_Folder]\Reader folder.
3. Delete the plug_ins folder entirely.
4. From the Control Panel > Programs and Features option, repair the Adobe Reader installation. (right click on the entry and select Change and follow the instructions on the dialogs)
Does this solve the problem.?
Glad that it fixed the things at your end. I am a bit surpirsed that the icons are not being displayed for the PDFs on your system. Could you let me know if the PDFs open up correctly with Reader if you double click on them?
You can try the following, try right clicking on the file and chose Open With > Chose Program. Select Adobe Reader from the list of programs displayed in the next dialog and ensure to the checkbox at the bottom of the dialog which goes something like "Always use this program to open this kind of file".
Does this help resolve things.
Well it seems that it was fixed but there is a new problem (which is actually what originally happened) it starts out when I try to print out of reader when I hit the printer icon (down below) I get a blank and it freezes (when I hit print on the web page) it seems that the window that comes up seems to come up twice and in a regular pdf document clicking on the printer icon is like clicking on the X in the corner it closes reader.
Well at least I don't have east problems .
Ahaaa!! And here I thought that the issue was resolved!!
From your post, it looks like, you are trying to print a PDF file from the web. If so, could you please let me know the following details:
1. The Browser being used.
2. The URL of the file (if possible)
3. Can you please try printing the following PDF as well, and see if you face the same issue: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/attachments/Acrobat_Reader_Rel easeNote_10.1.3.pdf
The browser is firefox 14.0.1 the url: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?fromTimeInMillis=130 6537200000 and when I go to your url it shows up but when I go down and click the print icon the window just goes blank.
Are you able to print any other document on the Win 7 machine such as:
1. A normal HTML page from FF 14.
2. A PDF opened in the Adobe Reader application and not in a browser.
3. A PDF launched in a 32 bit version of IE.
Also, could you please check if you are using a 32 bit version of the FF or a 64 bit version.
Yes normal html from ff 14 prints fine, pdf not in ff opens but when I click on the print closes reader.
I never use IE for anything.
As far as I know there is only 32 bit version and I only have trouble with reader.
This sounds remarkably like the problem with Reader v10.1.2 described here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4630962
Was post #11 by SgtSideburns correct? "Maybe 10.1.3 will fix the issues, but 10.1.4 will probably break them again."