Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

gold effect

Aug 18, 2012 5:24 AM

Dear All,

I want to create a gold effect font. web link is given below for reference, but i dont know how can they created

please help this.

1) I am making the two layers & put the base color is black please tel me the next step

i am egarly waiting for yours reply

http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/text-effects-tutorials/6-quickndirty -photoshop-text-effects-from-scratch/

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2012 5:59 AM   in reply to manojb05

Not exactly like the example listed, but I have created a preset, derived from the Adobe supplied Chrome style, for a "liquid gold" style I like.

LayerStyleGold.png

You can see all the details, and even save your own preset, by examining the effects on the text layers in this PSD:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/LayerStyleGold.psd

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to manojb05

The tutorial uses Layer Style effects.

In the Layers panel, double-click in the empty space to the right of a Type layer's name. That opens the dialogue for layer style.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to manojb05

Before applying the layer style you must type some text.  What is the problem?  Are you even using Photoshop?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 12:22 PM   in reply to manojb05

white, I guess

which colours have you tried?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 1:42 PM   in reply to manojb05

You tried black, only black, then posted here before trying anything else? To learn Photoshop, you're going to have to experiment and observe what happens when different things are tried.

See the Color Overlay effect. It is yellow with blend mode "multiply". The resulting yellows in the final image suggest that the text was white. White in a colour multiplication is like 1 in a number multiplication - it basically does nothing. Transparency complicates blending, but the Color Overlay has opacity 100%, so transparency is not a consideration there.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points