Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Stretched Looking Rendered Video

Aug 18, 2012 5:14 PM

I have tried searching online to try to find the answer to this but can't find one. The online and Youtube tutorials don't teach anything about this.

I have done my video, knocked out the green screen, added a background .jpeg, did a Star Wars fan film with Andrew Kramer's Lightsaber special effect, and rendered my video.

I played back my video to see if everything I'm doing is alright. My video started playing but appeared like it was stretched diagnal looking.

What is that?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2012 6:08 PM   in reply to Thunderwulf35

It sounds like pixel aspect ratio problems. We need to know all about your composition settings and how you rendered the final movie.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 20, 2012 12:31 PM   in reply to Thunderwulf35

Your composition settings are all fouled up. When working with footage shot a video camera you need to match the settings of the video camera. HD is never 527 pixels wide and 480 pixels high. It also never has NTSC pixel aspect ratio.

Drag the footage from the camera directly into a new composition icon at the bottom of the Project Pannel. This will give you your comp size. If you need more help after that, get back to us.

You should also read the sections in AE help on importing footage, interpreting footage, and rendering.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points