I went through a nightmare, trying to get my software upgraded from Master Collection CS3 to Design and Web Premium CS6.
1) Firstly, I had trouble paying for the damn software through their online store. It failed at checkout and asked me to customer support. After waiting for 30 mins in queue got someone who - after sometime - said that she cannot help. Her answer as that this was a U.S. office to help US shopping carts, and this matter needs to be resolved by U.K. Gave me a U.K. number and I failed to reach anyone.
2) I tried again to call. This time a gent answered. I gave him the serial number and asked him to check if I am eligible for the upgrade. He replied in affirmative after checking my shopping cart and asked me change the country to my location. I paid for the upgrade and got the order number with download instructions.
3) Downloading was painful. The 4 GB file stops after about 200 MB and after 5 times locks out the download! The hunt for solution in the extremely unfriendly Adobe site begins! I was asked to send a mail to digital river, which I did. Thankfully someone from the support forum said that I can download a "trial" and use the new serial number.
4) To my horror the new serial number did not work! Went on chat with a customer support person, who said that it doesn't work because the old serial number was a "volume" license while the one that I had ordered was not. The support person asked if I want a refund. I asked him to process it.
I wanted to raise a formal complaint and asked for a url where I can raise it. The url link does not have a "complaint" section in it! Adobe seeks input only on bugs, features, piracy and what it wants. I assume Adobe does not want to hear about what users have to complain about!
I asked the support guy to help me repurchase. The least I expected was someone to send me an email me with clear instructions on how to purchase. He asks me to contact the sales department - which was closed today!
5) If I try to buy the software again from trials, it goes to the US website.
This is the only forum, where I seem to be able to vent my frustration.
Good luck Adobe and thanks for your fantastically pathetic customer support! You just lost a customer!
Kramacha I apolgoize for the difficult experience you have had with the upgrade process. Do you have a case number which I can reference from your interactions with our support team?
You can adjust the region of the website in the bottom left hand corner of http://www.adobe.com/. Which region/country are you trying to get to? Is it the U.K?
Case numbers are #0208811567, #0208932958 and #0208983893. Country is
(1) If I click on Buy Now from my trial download, it leads to this link
after choosing Singapore.
(2) Clicking upgrade on...
...goes to ....
...and checkout from this page...
...gives me this error....
a) I had already chosen Singapore in step 1.
b) This doesn't show anything about license type. How am I supposed to
know? Can't you make it more intelligent to extract what I have from your
database and stop me from purchasing the wrong one? This is making us
waste time with refund and support merry-go-round.
What is the way out?
Kramacha it looks like you have repeatedly entered Singapore for your address. This could cause difficulties with placing financial transactions. I would recommend updating your address information to your physical address.
If you sign in at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?nl=1&nf=1 you should be able to update your address information under the My Information section.