Skip navigation
Gary Staas2
Currently Being Moderated

kSPSuiteNotFoundError when Acquiring kAIImageOptSuite

Aug 19, 2012 10:59 AM

Why do I get a kSPSuiteNotFoundError when calling AcquireSuite for kAIImageOptSuite

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 21, 2012 6:49 AM   in reply to Gary Staas2

Two possible reasons I can think of: (a) the version of the suite you're asking for doesn't exist for that version of Illustrator or (b) the plugin in which the ImageOptSuite resides hasn't been loaded yet.

Double-check (a) and if that all looks good, try loading the AIImageOptSuite at a later time, see if that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 6:50 AM   in reply to Gary Staas2

That all looks pretty good (assuming sAIImage is the right type of course). What's the error value? I assume it's kSPSuiteNotFoundError, but just in case its something we should double-check that.

When are you acquiring the suite? In response to what selector/caller?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 12:36 PM   in reply to Gary Staas2

I feel dumb -- you mentioned the error type in the topic title but I guess two replies in I forgot

Hmmm. the same line of code gets an exception? That's bizarre. I just realized we're not actually using that suite. I just added it in and it works just fine, but I'm currently using CS6, so that's not much help.

This will sound dumb, but instead of using the sSPBasic in your later-load attempt, can you use the one in the data block of whatever message is being received? I.e. something like:

// just example, I don't know what the actually call-in looks like in your code

void HandleNotifiers(AINotifierMessage* m)

{

m->d->basic->AcquireSuite(kAIImageOptSuite, kAIImageOptSuiteVersion, (const void **)sAIImage);

}

I just wonder if sSPBasic has been released, but not zeroed. If its definitely not that, this won't help.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 8:23 AM   in reply to Gary Staas2

The trouble is plugin loading order I think. We've found that when our plugin is loaded, there are still other plugins yet to load, including those installed by Adobe as 'built in' (at least, that's how a user would view it). If they provide a suite and haven't been loaded yet, then naturally you'll get 'suite not found'.

Theoretically, you sould be able to specify what suites you require in your PIPL, and the SuiteP system is supposed to figure out an order so this kind of thing doesn't happen. But I experimented with this years ago and its clear that while that stuff is in there, it is simply not part of the Illustrator system. As a result, we just gave up and when we encountered this problem, we found an appropriate later time to load these suites. Another three suites we found that had this problem are kAIPathConstructionSuite, kAIPaintStyleSuite & kAIBeautifulStrokesSuite. I think the PaintStyleSuite worked on PC but not Mac or something like that. We load these suites when the kAIApplicationStartedNotifier is received.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 7:07 AM   in reply to Gary Staas2

Did you ever try attempting the load later on? I.e. not during your plugin's load?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points