Skip navigation
donwgentry
Currently Being Moderated

Version 9 app service still needed after upgrade to 10

Aug 20, 2012 9:01 AM

After upgrading to version 10 from 9 all was well until I turned off the version 9 Application Service.  If I do that, coldfusion stops responding (sometimes there are one or two very slow reponses followed by "Service Unavailable" messages.  Turning the version 9 Application Server service back on makes coldfusion respond normally.  All references shown via the administrator pages point to version 10 so I'm not sure what "hooks" are still pointed to version 9. 

Anyone else run into this situ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 20, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to donwgentry

Since you upgraded, is it just that the service name in Windows still says "9"?

Do you have 2 windows services; one for 9 and one for 10?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to donwgentry

Was that your intention?  I mean, did you want to run 9 and 10 or did you want to upgrade 9 to 10 (replacing 9)?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 7:05 AM   in reply to donwgentry

Correct, you want to always make sure all ISAPI modules, handler mappings, and CGI filters are removed. 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 6:35 AM   in reply to Little_Mike

Question though -- we are running into this same issue with the CF 10 upgrade to CF 9.  Is the installer supposed to remove these, or is it the case that you are supposed to go in and remove manually?

Thanks,

Chuck

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 12:21 PM   in reply to cewyattjr

Best Practise is first remove the connector from your previous server(using WSCONFIG utility) which is ColdFusion 9 in this scenario, and then check IIS manager if any thing left for ColdFusion 9 which is redirecting it there, if you find anything there remove it manually.

And then install ColdFusion 10 and create the connector, because if there are any left over of previous server you will face this issue.

Installer of ColdFusion 10 will not remove these setting when you upgrade from ColdFusion 9 to CF 10.

Regards,

Priyank

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points