Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Provisions and Certificates

Aug 21, 2012 9:43 AM

Hello,

I am working on preparing a magazine for the Newsstand. I need to create the mobileprovisions and certificates so I can input them into the Viewer Builder. I am having trouble with this. I have looked at several articles and it seems that this needs to be done in Xcode. Is this true?

Can someone please point me in the right direction concerning this? I opened Xcode and it seems complicated to me. I imagine there's an easier way or that I am missing something.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 21, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to joekidd191919

Whenever you're getting ready to use Viewer Builder to create a new app or make a major revision to an existing app, it's a good idea to download the most recent version of the Companion Guide PDF. Keep in mind that this PDF is called a "Companion Guide" for a reason. When you're using the Apple iOS Provisioning Portal to create App IDs and certificates, watch the videos and use the Apple help links. When you're using iTunes Connect to manage your application and set up in-app purchases and subscriptions, use the iTunes Connect Developer Guide (https://itunesconnect.apple.com/docs/iTunesConnect_DeveloperGuide.pdf) along with the Companion Guide.

Companion Guide PDF is available on the DPS Dashboard (https://digitalpublishing.acrobat.com).

Laxman

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 10:41 AM   in reply to joekidd191919

It's very simple process just follow Companion Guide PDF . No need to do Coding

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 1:56 AM   in reply to negilaxman

Hi Laxman, do you know if i can add iPad UDIDs for the beta version for checking as and when i need to, or do i need to submit a full list in one go?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 5:21 PM   in reply to joekidd191919

Do not confuse yourself following Apple Developer forums. X-code does not come in DPS workflow. If your App is a Multi issue App, make sure that you publish as 'Public and Retail' from the same Folio Producer id/'Title id' that you have entered in your DPS App Builder Account.

Now for testing the application, you can add upto 100 UDID's in your Provisioning portal and then re-download the Mobile provisioning files, use the new ones in DPS APP builder and then download the new developer.ipa on your ipad for testing. You should never submit Application to Apple without testing it first.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points