Skip navigation
DeWayne24a
Currently Being Moderated

Install error with Photoshop CS6

Aug 23, 2012 3:03 PM

I am trying to install the trial version of Photoshop cs6. I have attempted the install three times now and if keeps finishing with the same message, "Some items for the following product(s) could not be installed successfully."

The programs does not run correctly, for example a 3d object that I use in cs4 works perfect, in cs6 it places transparent areas that do not exist.

What did not get installed and is it causing the trial version to fail to run properly?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 22, 2012 4:49 PM   in reply to DeWayne24a

Please review your installation logs to determine the current cause of your difficulties.  You can find details on how to accomplish this at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 10:32 PM   in reply to DeWayne24a

Not sure what you are trying to see here. Your actuall issues in using the PS 3D features have nothing to do with the install and cannot be fixed this way. It's simply a graphics card issue. Update the driver.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to DeWayne24a

Hi, DeWayne24a,

Mylenium was saying that  3D problem you gave as an example could  be due to new 3D features in Photoshop CS6 instead of the installation problem.  3D features in Photoshop CS6 are much more powerful.  They require the latest versions of the drivers fo  the graphics card on your computer.  So that means what worked well in CS4 won't work the same way in CS6.

Here's an FAQ on the Photoshp CS6, the GPU (graphics processing unit) and how to troubleshoot problems.

It's okay for you to try out new versions--and  have both CS4 and CS6 installed on your computer.  We want you to get the product you need. 

Kirsti

Community Help & Learning team

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points