Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Navigate, open, and save images in Camera Raw

Aug 23, 2012 7:44 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 23, 2012 7:44 AM   in reply to Community Help

When I double click a thumbnail in Bridge CS5 it opens Windows Live Photo Gallery instead of Camera Raw. Can't seem to change it so that Camera Raw is the default. Any suggestions?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 8:09 AM   in reply to BigLa2

Should be able to change by go to edit/preferences/file type associations.  Scroll down to your particular type of camera raw and change default to CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2012 9:25 PM   in reply to Community Help

Hello,

I have been making changes to CR2 files in ACR then clicking Done. This normally works fine but today when I select that image again or copy it, Bridge is reverting the image back to its original state, thereby undoing all my work.  Any help greatly appreciated! Thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2012 11:51 PM   in reply to Teak12

You have appended your post to an existing thread that has nothing at all to do with your issue.

Please start a new thread in this forum or look for the Adobe Camera Raw forum and start a new thread there, but give enough information so that others can help you.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 5:49 PM   in reply to Community Help

I used to have jpegs open as a default in camera raw, now they don't.  i'd like to restore that.  how do i do it with cs5?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 6:28 PM   in reply to charleygallay

Jpeg never open in ACR by default.  If you have the preferences set in Camera Raw you can open them by right clicking on image and choosing option from drop down list.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 6:40 PM   in reply to Curt Y

thanks curt for the reply.  here's the thing though.  i just got a new mac and reinstalled CS5 and updated Adobe Camera Raw.  used to be i could open a folder of images (jpegs), i'd double click on one and it would open in ACR, or I could highlight several images and they would all open in ACR - just like RAW files do.  but they were JPEGS.  it was awesome.  now, when i click on a JPEG it opens straight in photoshop.  and in the photoshop preferences pane, there is no option for opening jpegs in ACR.  is there a workaround?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 6:45 PM   in reply to charleygallay

Click on edit/camera raw and at bottom of window set for jpeg automatically open with settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 6:47 PM   in reply to Curt Y

awesome - thanks curt y.!!

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jan 24, 2013 5:04 AM   in reply to charleygallay

i'd double click on one and it would open in ACR, or I could highlight several images and they would all open in ACR - just like RAW files do.  but they were JPEGS.  it was awesome.

I don't agree with the awesome part in this I'm afraid

When you have set the preferences to Automatically open all supported jpegs instead of the default open jpeg with settings you will find yourself opening every jpeg in ACR, even it is just a small file you just want to view in PS.

Hence the right click option on selected jpegs and choose 'open in Camera Raw' is preferred by the vast majority of users

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 7:38 PM   in reply to Community Help

When I open up bridge to get to camera raw, everything freezes and I cant navigate at all.  I can't even close it down, I have to force quit, any suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 27, 2013 3:36 PM   in reply to tiffanymichelefloyd

I can't even close it down, I have to force quit, any suggestions?

restart Bridge holding down option (Mac) or cntrl (Win) and from the menu choose reset preferences. If this does not help please provide more details about set up, OS version and Bridge version, did it work before, etc to give us more clues

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points