Aug 24, 2012 1:18 AM

Hi All,

How to disable SmartCollection.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 24, 2012 3:44 AM   in reply to lightroomvietnam

Hi,

You need to give us a bit more detail if you want any assistance with this question.

Is this a general Lightroom question or an SDK question? Where exactly is the SmartCollection you are trying to disable?

Matt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 5:03 AM   in reply to lightroomvietnam

publishServiceProvider.viewForCollectionSettings?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 10:22 PM   in reply to lightroomvietnam

Matt,

I think Dung wants to prohibit the users of his publish service from creating a smart collection. I don't see a way to do that, but one could use viewForCollectionSettings to at least notify the user that smart collections are not supported.

Rob

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 10:33 PM   in reply to lightroomvietnam

Hi,

Thanks for the clarifying the question. The screenshot was helpful.

As Rob notes, there doesn't appear to be a way for us to disable Smart Collection creation for publish services. The only methods available are for renaming the Smart Collection label. You could always rename it to "Smart Collection (DO NOT USE)" or similar and try Rob's suggestion to let users know when they shouldn't use it.

That said I'm curious why you need to disable this feature. From the perspective of the server you are publishing images to Lightroom is just telling you about a collection. The server doesn't care whether the photos were added to the collection manually or via a Smart Collection's query. It seems like an unnecessary step to lock this down. I'm sure you wouldn't be doing this unless you had a real need to do so. Knowing what that need is might help us offer an alternate solution for the problem you are encountering.

Matt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points