Skip navigation
serrnovik
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge cs6 export - only hard drive option is present. I want ftp and social network module

Aug 24, 2012 2:38 AM

Tags: #bridge #export #facebook #ftp #bridge_cs6 #social_media

I want to export my images right from the bridge. Uploading them to different social sites and ftps is a bit of a hassle and it is easy to forget something in the process. It would be so much better if I could just drag files to desired locations/presets.

I've seen something like that in the blogs (but with lower version of CS) where people have facebook and other options. But I can see only hard drive module.

Is it possible? If so - why don't I have this option? What can I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 24, 2012 6:52 AM   in reply to serrnovik

The file structure you see in the Folders Pane is courtesy of the OS.  So unless you can add something to what the OS sees , then Bridge will not see it either.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 4:31 PM   in reply to serrnovik

serrnovik wrote:

…I've seen something like that in the blogs (but with lower version of CS) where people have facebook and other options…

What you have seen are probably just folders created by the user to store things they will later upload to such services by using their web browsers.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2012 1:17 PM   in reply to serrnovik

If you don’t see the four modules, click the flyout menu and choose “Manage Modules.”

http://www.tipsquirrel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Export021.jpg

Make sure all four are checked. If you don’t see the four listed, click the little gear, and from ITS flyout menu, choose “Check for Updates.” When you’re through, click the small “Done” button at the bottom to return to the Export Panel main window.

http://www.tipsquirrel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Export031.jpg

You can start using the export modules directly, but every time you use them you’ll have to go through a long export process. Use presets to streamline this operation, by saving all the work for re-use. You can create multiple presets; for example, you might have several presets for Facebook depending on whether you want to send the images to your wall, or a specific album. We’ll step through the Facebook setup first.

In the Export Panel, highlight “Facebook” and click on the “+” icon at the bottom to Add a new Preset.

http://www.tipsquirrel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Export041.jpg

The “Add Preset” dialog appears, and the first thing you will need to do is authenticate with Facebook. Note that you will need to authenticate every time you create a new preset, even with the same service, but you won’t need to authenticate when you actually export your images. Click on “Sign In.”

http://www.tipsquirrel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Export051.jpg

Two things happen: Your browser will be launched, and you’ll see the authentication page from Facebook. You’ll need to enter your credentials, and you can check “Keep me logged in to Adobe Bridge Export Panel.”

Etc. etc.

You can follow the rest of the instructions here:

http://www.tipsquirrel.com/exporting-from-bridge-cs5-to-social-media-s ites/

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to serrnovik

As you can see, that is the same site you got the image you inserted in your post #3. 

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2012 2:18 PM   in reply to serrnovik

Same here - I want to export from CS6 to Facebook and Flickr - I cannot - the steps above do not work with CS6

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,999 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Oct 7, 2012 2:40 PM   in reply to iwatts

Same here - I want to export from CS6 to Facebook and Flickr - I cannot - the steps above do not work with CS6

To my knowledge due to rights management this option is only available for users in North America. Some seem to succeed by changing language to North America English but living in Europe my only option is to change in English instead of NA English. Maybe you have different options for language combination of Bridge / PS?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2012 5:48 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

So, why would the ability to upload to Photoshop.com be disabled outside of the US?

I wouldn't mind Flickr, Photobucket, and Facebook uploading ability too. But no biggie, Photoshop is only 40% dearer in Australia than the US and has these features removed. Seems reasonable.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2012 2:51 AM   in reply to karmadiI10

I don't understand the limitation on licensing, Adobe Lightroom allows you to upload straight to Facebook and Flickr, as well as others. So does iphoto. Is this a sign that Bridge is being phased out as a photography workflow in favour of Lightroom!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2012 4:13 AM   in reply to iwatts

I'm surprised this hasn't been sorted out, as it was a "feature" in CS5. There are workarounds which involved editing the registry. I tried it once and it worked, but I don't use the export panel, so I never bothered in CS6. Sorry, I can't remember the website, but you can probably google "Bridge Export panel International Flickr registry" or something like that.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2012 3:45 PM   in reply to Yammer

My impression is this seems to be a feature available only to a select few. I personally don't use any of those services. I do use tumblr, milkshake, Picasa and a few others but those, as far as I can tell, are not on the export list! So, what I seem to be hearing is that many other users cannot even get the export feature to work, period. Seems that Adobe could do better than that for a premium software. Why even include such a feature if it is so problematic and limited. Not everyone uses Facebook or wants to.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,999 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 1, 2012 3:21 AM   in reply to Grivantia

Why even include such a feature if it is so problematic and limited.

That is a true statement and sadly enough not the only feature Adobe produced. I'm often under the impression the marketing department demands to much new features for each cycle while cutting in budgets to build them to perfection for later cycles.

And also sadly enough Adobe is not the only big company doing so...

You are also right that it seems pointless to choose for separate and dedicated export services for social network, they come and go very fast these days and not all are very successful.

That said, you can use the export to disk menu itself with the option to save presets for size, quality and destination. You can also use the tools menu for either image processor or a custom created batch in Photoshop for that matter.

The only thing you then need is to go to your social network site and choose upload and point to the location you just saved your files in, that should not be a big effort nor a difficult task to my opinion

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Same with me here in the UK. No Export options aside from HDD. I mostly upload to Flickr, which is actually pretty easily done, direct from Bridge, without using the "Export" feature at all.

Just log-in to Flickr, choose the 'Upload' tab, then switch to Bridge and reduce the window size to reveal the Flickr upload page. Then just drag your images(s) across from Bridge to Flickr. They will take all their titles, tags, Exif data etc with them. Then you can choose to add them to sets and groups etc before hitting "Upload". Done.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 2:22 AM   in reply to bingojesus

I'm not even able to export to the harddrive?  I try and then nothing happens... no processing at all, activity monitor stays flat.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,999 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jan 7, 2013 5:19 AM   in reply to RichardMuller

I try and then nothing happens... no processing at all, activity monitor stays flat.

How do you try?

double click lets you create presets and dragging files to the icon of save to HD or a preset icon sets them ready but then you need to press the arrow icon to get started.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Feb 2, 2013 3:37 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

After reading another post (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/654440) I took a look at the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS6\PublishPanel\factory\manifest.xml file and found it only had the required export module entries in the en_US and fr_CA sections, so I copied the section under the <locale name="en_US"> to the <locale name="en_GB"> section, saved the file and restarted Bridge and all the modules appeared.

Don’t forget to make a backup of the file before you make any changes.

Before:

- <locale name="en_GB">

<entry name="Computer_Upload" version="2004" url="./zxp/Computer_Upload.zxp" />

</locale>

After:

- <locale name="en_GB">

<entry name="Computer_Upload" version="2004" url="./zxp/Computer_Upload.zxp" />

<entry name="Facebook_Upload" version="2004" url="./zxp/Facebook_Upload.zxp" />

<entry name="Flickr_Upload" version="2004" url="./zxp/Flickr_Upload.zxp" />

<entry name="Photoshop.com_Upload" version="2004" url="./zxp/Photoshop.com_Upload.zxp" />

<entry name="SmugMug_Upload" version="-2" url="./zxp/SmugMug_Upload.zxp" />

</locale>

Hope this helps

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 9:12 AM   in reply to mgibbons-uk

Ah, that's interesting, looks like the way forward.

However, I managed to open this file and view the contents, but can't seem to make any changes to it. What program did you use to edit it?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 10:23 AM   in reply to bingojesus

I used Notepad. In Windows XP right clicking on the manifest.xml file and choosing edit should open it in Notepad.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to mgibbons-uk

Fantastic. This does seem the right way forward. However, I have tried it with Mac CS6, found the right file (inside the same location inside Adobe Bridge CS6.app), changed the permissions so I could edit it, saved it, and restarted bridge, and I still only get the Hard Drive option. i can implement this fix bit it does not seem to be mac friendly.

Has anyone else got this working with a Mac?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 8:24 AM   in reply to iwatts

iwatts: I can confirm that this is working on Macintosh. Just be sure that you are adding missing plugins to installed language section.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points