• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Chrome insist Adobe Flash Player is out of date, but I have the latest version?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Mac OSx 10.5.8. I am trying to use Chrome, but the Flash is not working on either Safari or Chrome. Chrome insists Adobe Flash is out of date

, but I have the latest version available to my OS.

I have tried uninstalling, disabling plugins, reinstalling and enabling.

I have tried updating via Adobe website over 10 times.

I have tried switches which just run the outdated plugins...

I have tried renaming the system plugin in the Library and pasting in Chrome package contents

I don't have two flash plugins in the chrome:plugins

This is the error message in the chrome:plugins

Flash - Version: 10.3.183.23 Download Critical Security Update

The link goes to the Adobe website to install version 10.3.183.23, which I already have.

Please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem on the same OS. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tatertoti wrote:

Chrome insists Adobe Flash is out of date, but I have the latest version available to my OS.

This is the error message in the chrome:plugins

Flash - Version: 10.3.183.23 Download Critical Security Update

The link goes to the Adobe website to install version 10.3.183.23, which I already have.

How do you know you're at the latest and current version?

As of August 21, Flash Player installed with Google Chrome would have updated "automatically" to the latest Google Chrome version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.3.31.230 for Windows and Linux, and Flash Player 11.4.402.265 for Macintosh.

As Adobe Flash Player is directly integrated with Google Chrome and enabled by default, available updates for Adobe Flash Player are automatically included in Chrome system updates.

Are you at Google Chrome version 21.0.1180.79?

Re-installing Chrome (not any separate Flash Player) should fix your issue!

If no luck, contact Google Chrome support > http://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash version I have, 10.3, is the latest compatible with the Mac OSX 10.5.

Flash 11 is only compatible with Mac 10.6+.

I reinstalled Chrome, and I have the same issue of the Flash player not automatically updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tatertoti wrote:

The Flash version I have, 10.3, is the latest compatible with the Mac OSX 10.5.

Yes, it is indeed! Sorry I missed you're on OS X 10.5.8.

I reinstalled Chrome...

Can you confirm it is version 21.0.1180.79? It's important you confirm you're at the latest version of Google Chrome too.

... and I have the same issue of the Flash player not automatically updating.

I would repeat myself... "available updates for Adobe Flash Player are automatically included in Chrome system updates".

Chrome automatically updates when new versions of Flash Player are available. The integrated Google Chrome Flash plug-in cannot be uninstalled using the Flash Player uninstaller. You can only enable or disable the integrated plug-in.

Therefore, as it's showing you're at the latest version 10.3.183.23, it would appear it is an issue 'internal' to Chrome's system updates; reason why I had referred you to their support, or alternativelly, post to their forums.

However, you can try Adobe's Help page (for Mac) here >

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

And alternativelly (Flash Player with Google Chrome) here >

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-google-chrome.html

Regret couldn't do better for you but please confirm by return how it goes.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think it is because the combination of OS X 10.5.8 and Chrome is no longer supported i just started getting the message today. there seems to be 2 choices:

1) upgrade your OS X to at least 10.6 (something I can't do without buying a new mac)
2) disable the integrated Chrome Flash player and rely on the OS X one something I am about to try but I reckon will burn 3 hours of my time to try and figure out and reckon this opens us up to security vulnerabilities and may not be supported for too long

Lose lose i reckon!

starting to notice this percolate in other areas like here on the Chrome forum

oh and yes i am on the latest version of Chrome for OS X (at least the one allowed for on OS X 10.5.8) which is Version 21.0.1180.90

Google Chrome is up to date.

This computer will no longer receive updates of Google Chrome because it's running Mac OS X 10.5. Learn more

They havebeen giving the above warning for months now ...looks like they finally closed the door!

Message was edited by: letssaythatsthat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to turn tell Chrome to allow outdated plugins otherwise google forces you to click, 'run this time' on EVERY page.  If you do, the older flash works fine.   Somehow I am not typing this right in Terminal, haven't gotten it to work yet.  anyone else?  (forced to use Leopard because of FCP 6)  Newish mac user, don't remember unix command line from dos days. I've saw both of these suggested, but i cannot find any directory named google chrome.app or google.

'/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome' --allow-outdated-plugins

or

/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --remote-debugging-port=9222

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I started having the same problem this week. Also on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and can't upgrade.

Latest Chrome for this OS 21.0.1180.90.

I just disabled the built-in Chrome Flash plug-in, and my external Flash player (which I downloaded and installed when this problem began) seems to be handling it fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of these things to no avail. Unintalling flash player, restarting, reinstalling version 10.3, reinstalling Chrome and Safari (Flash is not working with either browser). This is quite frustrating and inconvenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahbuch3 wrote:

I have tried all of these things to no avail...

Try your own troubleshooting for Safari.

Close everything and open ONLY Safari to this page ONLY and tell us what you see >

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This little "assistance" from Crome is really annoying. I'm considering changing browsers. Flash runs just fine! I don't want to click "run this time" on every single page I visit. I've noticed that the little message pops up on pages without flash. Google can go and...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines