Skip navigation
seanstonsf
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS6 to CS5 custom patterns

Aug 28, 2012 5:07 PM

Tags: #cs5 #cs6 #patterns

I am trying to send a client a photoshop CS6 file whom is using CS5. He can open the file but the custom patterns are not converting even after installing the patterns. Any Suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 28, 2012 6:20 PM   in reply to seanstonsf

Are the patterns for layer styles or a pattern fill layer or what in the file uses the patterns?

Are the patterns from the scripted pattern fill?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 6:41 PM   in reply to seanstonsf

I tested some patterns in the pattern overlay via the layer styles dialog from cs6 (ones that are not installed in cs5) and they seem to work in cs5.

Are the layers shape layers with the pattern fill from the tool options bar?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 6:58 PM   in reply to seanstonsf

I did some more testing and i'm getting some strange results as well using shape layers and smart objects.

Perhaps someone from adobe should look at your file (i'm just a regular user) to see if there is some sort glitch.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2012 7:36 AM   in reply to seanstonsf

Something that may help a little is using the "Create Layers" command to convert the Layer Style effects to a collection of layers. The command can be accessed as "Layer > Layer Style > Create Layers", or by right-clicking on "Effects" or an effect name under the layer's name (or "fx" at the right-hand end of a layer whose effects are rolled up) in Layers panel then picking "Create Layers".

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points