Skip navigation
martwoutnl
Currently Being Moderated

Youtubeservice stoppes in PE 9

Aug 29, 2012 11:41 PM

Tags: #problem #premiere_elements_9 #youtube_publishing

I was able to upload a movie as HD-video through the Youtubeservice in Adobe Premiere Elements 9 but this week the service stoppes after the following steps:

1) choose share

2) online

3) HD-video (the error occures even by a standard Pal-Flash for Youtube)

4) Next

After next I get a message that 'the Youtubeservice is stopping because a fault occures. The service has to shut down or will be paused'. The movie is below the 15 minutes and my Youtube-account is suitable for longer than 15 minutes. Is there a update which solves this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 30, 2012 5:08 AM   in reply to martwoutnl

Have you gone to Edit/Preferences and refreshed your Online Services?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to martwoutnl

Sorry, I have no idea why that is happening. I've never experienced anything like it.

But I'm glad you're able to upload to YouTube manually!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to martwoutnl

When PrE 9 was in development, there were no "extended accounts," so the maximum upload was 10 mins. Though your account allows longer uploades, this could well be an issue. As a test, do a Save_As for your Project (so that you do not overwrite the original), and shorten the Duration to < 10 mins., say 09:30:00, and see if that works.

Also, can you Share your longer Timeline, to a YouTube Preset, and then manually upload that via your YouTube account? That might be how you need to work.

It is also my understanding that PrE 10 still imposes that 10 min. limit, as it was not changed by YouTube, until after development and deployment. Not sure how PrE 11 will handle the new limits to YouTube accounts, but we should know in a few weeks.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to martwoutnl

Thanks for reporting on your test.

Before I'd do an uninstall/reinstall, I would carefully check all of the settings for YouTube in PrE. Many users had major issues, when YouTube went to Google sign-in, but I do not recall any such issues recently. Still, that combined Google/YouTube sign-in caused no end to grief. This should take but a moment, but I'd go very slowly and methodically, dotting every i, and crossing every t, just to make sure that things are set properly. I would start by doing a sign-in to my YouTube account, out of PrE first, making careful notes of every entry, to be compared to the settings in PrE, in the next step.

If that does not get things working, i.e. no errors found, then an uninstall/reinstall might be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points