Skip navigation
misspage003
Currently Being Moderated

Bullets Don't Line-up

Aug 30, 2012 10:59 AM

Tags: #indesign #formatting #bullets

Hi All,

I am about to lose it here I'm so frustrated with my bullets. I am trying to line up all my bullets in a text frame and even though they are all formatted exactly the same, half look different from the other half. I have an image on the left, set with text wrap, and a text box going over the image so that the text wraps around it. The text to the right of the image will not line up at all. The spacing between the bullet and the text is wrong and then the next lines are even more off. The text I have below the picture is lined up perfectly. I've even tried seperating the text into two different text boxes and then adjusting the bullet settings and nothing is working. Sometimes, even though I make changes in the bullet settings box, nothing actually changes on the screen.

I do not have this problem when a picture is on the right and has the exact same text wrapping set. Everything lines up perfectly then. I have no idea how to fix this since the Adobe help is useless and everything appears to be set exactly the same way.

I've attached a picture of the issue. You can see the "Fruit" section at the top is nicely lined up. The "Vanilla" section is a complete mess with the first two bullets looking different from the rest.GlutenFreeGuide_Pg4.jpg

If anyone can tell me what to fix I would appreciate it so much. I have wasted over an hour trying to make this work.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 30, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to misspage003

If this is being done in InDesign, you might want to try the InDesign forum, here.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2012 6:11 PM   in reply to misspage003

It's my guess that the wrap is affecting the alignment ( duh, right? ).  You may have to release the wrap and, instead, create a 2nd and 3rd tab for the Vanilla section.  Try it and let me know if it helps solve the problem.  I've run into this before and had to remove the wrap and rely instead on tabs.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2012 1:05 AM   in reply to misspage003

Hi, there might be conflict between bullet setting and text wraping. Try to aviod this for instance by splitting one text frame into several ones or adapting your layout.

bullets.jpg

GlutenFreeGuide_Pg4jk.jpg

GlutenFreeGuide_Pg4-2-jk.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points