Its been roughly a week since I've begun using Proto for wireframing and the results have been mostly positive. I've deliberately held out until they updated their sharing options. Thankfully, those changes have been made.
In using Proto I've come across a few bugs/glitches that aren't insurmountable, just an inconvenience. So let me know.... Is it just me? Or are you experiencing any of these issues as well?
1- There seems to be an issue with the grouping feature. Once a section is laid out I tend to group things to make it easier to arrange items. I would assume that's why this feature was implemented.
However, the issue arises when previewing the HTML output. Grouping tends to destroy the layout, sending duplicate divs to the top of the page. Once I ungroup all elements, the page layout is the way I intended.
2- The lipsum paragraph tool.
When viewing the HTML output (code wise) you will notice that the lipsum text is actually MUCH longer than you initially intended. It's easy to delete this and move on with life. Just an inconvenience.
3- Page positioning.
This one isnt so much a glitch as it is a complaint. All layouts are out left oriented, no matter what. I've had to add a wrapper div and margin: 0 auto; in order to overcome this. It seems like a simple enough feature and widespread enough in usage that one would think that this needs to be the default (or at the very least an option).
That's it for now.... Is it just me or any of you experiencing the same issues? Take care
Thank you for the feedback. I tried recreating the first issue you described (grouping one) but wasn't able to reproduce it. Would you be able to upload an example to Creative Cloud, set it as public and post the link here.
I'll share you other suggestions/feedback with our developers.
I have noticed many errors in the XHTML5 output when using proto email sharing on the iPad (iPad 4). My Oxygen XML barffed with errors (ok, i'm exagerating, but a lot of red lines) when i opened any html file from the zip. It's because the xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" is declared, this not a bad thing unless the XHTML is malformed. There where some other errors too, I have made a tool that will fix the XHTML5 errors i have found in the zip file with php. There is two zip files with wireframes, a emailed version (.old.zip) and fixed version on my github account.
it's a small fix until there is a new proto version that fixes these errors. As I find errors, I'll update this tool to fix them.