Looking for some help. Just upgraded to CS6 from CS5.5. Been working with MJPEG source files since CS4, no challenges. With CS6, I am unable to work with any Interlaced MJPEG in Premiere Pro, or Media Encoder without running into a "PProHeadless Has Stopped working" message after a brief period of time:
Basically, I can import and scan the source in Premiere Pro, but after a short period of time (between 1 and 10 minutes) I will get a "PremierePro has stopped working" error. This does not seem to be triggered by anything specific. Sometimes I can get source clips loaded into sequence, other times I can get effects done, and other times I can get the file exported into MediaEncoder. However, Premiere Pro always crashes after some short period of time WHEN any MJPEGs are loaded into the project.
Moving on to Media Encoder, any MJPEG I attempt to process in Media Encoder ALWAYS fails before completing the encoding. I recieve a "PProHeadless has stopped working error" which will continually appear, even if I close the error with the upper corner X. No matter whether I am encoding the MJPEG from a PremierePro project, or whether I load the source MJPEG directly into Media Encoder, it crashes, sometimes within seconds of the encode, but always before the end. I even attempted a quick encode of one of the smaller MJPEG's to a DV AVI, and same thing happened (why can't you change the field order on the DV codec in ME, mine is stuck on lower first?).
Ok, now to address the generic repsonses. I HAVE reinstalled CS6, I HAVE reinstalled the 6.01 updates. I HAVE reinstalled Quicktime (since some of my project encodes were MJPEG to H.264), and I HAVE rebooted many times. I HAVE enabled/disabled CUDA acceleration (on a side note is anybody else noticing that some file scrubbing in CS6 works better with software mode? Canon MTS especially?).
PLEASE NOTE: Working with NON-MJPEG files is seamless, no errors at all.
Interlaced source files are upper field first (captured using BlackMagic hardware and Blackmagic MJPEG Codec).
Some of the 480i files are 720x486 (not sure why, no settings in BM for this).
All progressive captures (720p for example) using the BM MJPEG codec work FLAWLESSLY. Only Interlaced crash.
I have tried encoding these sources to WMV, DV, H.264, with effects, without effects and direct through ME using default codecs.
I have tested with files and projects that were completed in CS5.5, and they DO NOT work in CS6.
My system is clean, only the software needed for this work.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
SSD Drive Array for media
Source File Info and Crash Info to follow.
In case anybody is interested, I figured out how to correct this. I uninstalled and re-installed the BlackMagic driver/software package. I was running 9.6.1 already, but Premiere Pro was installed AFTER the Blackmagic software, and apparently, for the BlackMagic drivers to get plugged in properly to the adobe Platform, you have to install the BM package AFTER Premiere Pro is alreayd installed. A bit annoying, but it makes sense. I lost some of my BM preferences in the process, but it took only a few minutes to get them back in place.
Europe, Middle East and Africa