Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

The Timeline

Aug 30, 2012 7:16 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 30, 2012 7:16 PM   in reply to Community Help

Is there a way of changing the default size of timeline frames from normal to something else eg, medium?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2012 7:51 PM   in reply to Matelot1964

In the timeline panel at the top far right is a small menu icon that when opened allows you to change the size of the frames in the timeline.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2012 9:03 PM   in reply to Ned Murphy

Thanks Ned

I know how you can change the size using the menu, however, I'd like to be able to set it to my preferred size and not have to reset it every time I re-start Flash. I thought there may be a config file that can be modified to change the default size.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 10:26 PM   in reply to Community Help

I am trying to edit an older Flash document with a slideshow in CS4. Every time I try to move the playhead anywhere in my document or click into a different frame, the playhead immediately jumps back to the first frame. How do I turn off this strange behavior?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,253 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 7, 2013 12:44 PM   in reply to cecaumenus

how are you trying to move the playhead?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 12:51 PM   in reply to kglad

By dragging the playhead across the timeline. Flash also will not let me click into any frame but the first one. (It instantly jumps back to the first frame).

I should note that this is not a problem if I were to create a new project. It seems to be something to do with this particular file, which was created in Flash Professional 8 back in 2008.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 3:04 PM   in reply to cecaumenus

Here is a screencast of the behavior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NysldPLY--0

Thanks in advance for your help.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,253 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 7, 2013 3:44 PM   in reply to cecaumenus

upload your fla to a file server and post a link.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 7:09 PM   in reply to kglad

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 12:27 AM   in reply to Community Help

I'd like to know if there exist a way to modify the tick mark position of the time line, say I have my framerate set to 24 fps, it will be a lot more intuitive if the markers of my timeline go like "1, 6, 12, 18, 24" than "1,5,10,15,24". In this way I can easily find frames representing 1 sec, 1.5 sec, 2 sec etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 12:30 AM   in reply to kmc.best

I'm sorry I made a mistake. The second 24 should be 20  ( it will be a lot more intuitive if the markers of my timeline go like "1, 6, 12, 18, 24" than "1,5,10,15,20")

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,253 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 9, 2013 3:46 AM   in reply to kmc.best

i don't have a flash program that can open your fla on my current computer and i don't have time right now to start up another computer with older flash versions on it.

but, i thought of another way you can move the playhead:  at the bottom of your timeline panel is are several icons and numbers.  one of them (which appears to be directly below frame 12 in your video) indicates the frame number of the playhead's location.  you can drag that number and click and enter new numbers to move the playhead.  give that a try.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 5:49 AM   in reply to kglad

Thanks for you tip kglad, that solves the problem of positioning the playhead only. However, if the tick marks can be re-positioned, it will be easier to drag and select a range of frames, etc.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,253 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 9, 2013 7:56 AM   in reply to kmc.best

there's no way, that i know about, to change the frame numbers listed above the timeline(s).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points