Skip navigation
Xarzu
Currently Being Moderated

Where can I find After Effects Tutorials to do a specific kind of animation?

Aug 31, 2012 1:17 AM

I am new to After Effects and to learn it, I want to find some tutorials.

I want to jump right into this and start doing development as soon as I can.

In order to do this, I want to study tutorials that will instruct how to do effects I want in my video.

Here are similar videos to show as example.  I want to know how to make text and images and maybe video clips fly onto the viewing area in a similar way that is done in these three videos:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to Xarzu

First, if you're going to post a video that's full of obscenities, please warn us. There are 10 year olds that follow this forum and there are parents that try to watch over their children. There are even adults that are offended by such language and would rather not have it blaring from their speakers. My daughter, a regular reader of this forum and enthusiastic AE student, was humiliated when she accidentally clicked on the last video and those words started booming from her room.

Secondly, The first example and the last example are called dynamic text animations. You'll find lots of info about those on the web if you search those terms.

The second example is stop frame animation and requires a bunch of talent with a pen. If you can't draw it's really tough to do that kind of work. You could duplicate that kind of animation by setting up a high resolution digital camera above a large piece of paper and then setting up the camera to take 1 or 2 frames per second while you create the illustration with a pen. Then you bring the image sequence into After Effects, put it in a standard size composition and move it around to reveal the various parts of the drawing.

Come to think of it, please don't post videos with obcene language. Keep it PG13...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2012 8:06 AM   in reply to Xarzu

You usually set up 3D layers with each line or word on a separate layer and then animate the camera and/or the text. Google After Effects dynamic text animation tutorials and you'll find a bunch.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points