Skip navigation
PlutoBucket
Currently Being Moderated

Any idea why my *.mts video files won't play audio in Bridge CS6? Imagery plays fine.

Sep 1, 2012 8:58 PM

Tags: #bridge_cs6

I'm using a Windows & Dual Quad machine.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 2, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to PlutoBucket

Some Sony HD video uses propietary audio which Adobe PS has not licenced.  Not sure if this is the case here or not.  Will it play properly in VLC media player?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 5:41 PM   in reply to PlutoBucket

Sounds reasonable.  It is just so unfortunate that video is so loosely structured.  Even if an .avi it can have many different types of video under the wraper.  Requires more codecs.  Kind of like camera raw, every camera model has there own standards.

FYI I have my video set to open in VLC.  But CS6 does play a few more formats than CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 3:23 PM   in reply to PlutoBucket

I'm importing AVCHD (.MTS) files from a Panasonic HDC-TM700 and the files play back with audio in both WMP and Premiere CS6 but in Bridge CS6, there is no audio. Its unfortunate - I guess I'll have to wait for an update to Bridge, and in the meantime I'll use your workaround.

I wonder if there is any advantage to importing the files using Bridge VS. the Panasonic program that came with the camera (HD Writer AE) VS. copy/paste Windows Explorer...>?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 6:22 PM   in reply to OrlandoJetset

As I read a few months back on the Sony issue Premiere Pro paid for the licensing but Photoshop did not.  So until that happens an update will not help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points