Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Story Desktop Login issues with AIR 3.4

Sep 3, 2012 1:48 AM

Hi all,

Recently users who have upgraded to AIR 3.4 may have faced issues where Story Free users are not being able to log into the Story Desktop Application (AIR) or Story Plus users needing to re-enter their login credentials in the Story Desktop Application.

These issues got introduced in AIR 3.4 in which the AIR application is not able to access its Encrypted Local Store (ELS).  More details about this issue is available at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4642305#4642305?tstart=0

The AIR team is working on this issue. Will keep the forum updated about the developments.

Workaround for all of these issues is to un-install AIR 3.4 from the system and then install AIR 3.3 which can be downloaded from http://get.adobe.com/air/otherversions/

Anjali Singh

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 11, 2012 1:10 PM   in reply to Anjali Singh

That link only goes to a place to download Air 3.4

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2012 9:22 PM   in reply to Uncompro

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 9:45 PM   in reply to Aurobi

when I do this it says "This version of Adobe AIR cannot be installed because a more recent version is already installed on this system" so I uninstalled it and tried again (i HAD AIR 3.7 if that was important). But now i am still getting the same loop (download newer version of story, oh you cant because installer has been mis-configured. oh and you should also update your Adobe AIR, kinda outta date!) At least thats what I hear from my computer.

I'm running on Windows 7 by the way. I have CS5 so I dont know if the update is only for the new cloud or what.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 9:49 PM   in reply to CBailey61

Hi,

Before trying to install from the location sent in last message by Aurobi, please uninstall the existing Adobe AIR from your machine by going to Control panel->Programs. Once the existing Adobe AIR is uninstalled you can try installing the 3.3 version and it will work fine.

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 9:51 PM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

I did. But it still did the same thing. And like i said above it started also prompting me to update AIR (as well as update Story). Which is understandable since i went from AIR 3.7 back to 3.3 so naturally it wants to update it but thats not the real issue. The real issue is that I'm still getting the "installer was mis-configured" notification when I try to install the update for Story

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 9:54 PM   in reply to CBailey61

Hi,

The older version of Adobe Story does not directly upgrade to newer version thats why you are seeing the error. Please uninstall existing Adobe Story application also and then re-install it from https://story.adobe.com/AIR/AdobeStory.air. You will not lose your data.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 10:00 PM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

Im confused. Now its working but it is saying I have to update my subscription. I dont have a subscription, it just came with my purchase of productions Premium CS5. Do I have to have a subscription now in order to use Story? Why cant I use it as I did before?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 8:08 PM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

Is there a way to just uninstall Story?  I don't see an Uninstaller, nor can I drag Story to the trash (I am using an iMac), it refuses to be thrown away.  When I try to install the newer version of story I get the message:

Sorry, An Error has occurred.

This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance.

Actually, I would be fine with just uninstalling Story if that is possible.  Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 8:11 PM   in reply to Sandeep (Story team)

Never mind.  :-)  I finally got it to delete.  Not sure why it wouldn't go to the trash before.

No worries.  It's fine now.

thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points