Skip navigation
José L. Martínez Díaz
Currently Being Moderated

Black Horizontal line on resized or stabylyzed material

Sep 3, 2012 10:34 AM

I'm conforming a R3D project in 2:40 to 1 and found that with in shoots, appears and horizontal black bar on the lower part of the screen. Seems like some kind of bug, because all of these shots are reframed with the motion controls (resize) or has the warp stabilizer. If I change anything in the motion control, the bar disappears, but appears again in the render or the preview.

Has anybody experienced something like that or found a solution?

Thanks,

Jose

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to José L. Martínez Díaz

What are the exact dimensions of the original R3D files?

What are the dimensions of the sequence you're working in?

What changes have you made to the Motion effect?  Scale?  Position?  Both?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 10:29 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Having the same problem. Using Warp Stabilizer in Adobe Premiere CS6. Footage is from Panasonic GH2 (unhacked), AVCHD 1920x1080p24, converted to cineform avi files. 24p. Any setting I do within Warp Stabilizer with Smooth Motion gives the same results.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 12:13 PM   in reply to José L. Martínez Díaz

I believe I ran into this issue today. After talking with a support agent, we found out that the resolution in the Sequence settings was @ 720p and my footage was @1080p.  The picture would be fine after the stabilization process but I would get a sizeable black bar at the bottom of the screen after I rendered the video.

Bottom line: Make sure that your sequence resolution matches the resolution of your footage or is at least larger than your footage resolution.

To give more background.  I was using PluralEyes to sync the the audio and video.  I haven't figured it out yet but when I imported the .XML into Premiere Pro CS6, the sequence resolution would be set to 720p.  I fixed this by creating another sequence in the project with the proper resolution and basically copied and pasted the footage from the imported sequence into to new sequence.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 6:31 PM   in reply to roque32

I did not think it was possible to stabilise footage if it didnt match the edit sequence.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2013 4:58 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Having the same issue as roque32 an OP.

Original GoPro footage converted and exported with CineForm codec: 1920x1080

Sequence settings for Premiere are 1920x1080 (both 29,97 frames/second)

After applying the Warp Stabilizer, realtime playback is smooth an without black edges or bars.

But after rendering a black horizontal bar at the bottom of the clip appears.

To make sure my sequence is right i've created the sequence from clip, but I can't seem to get a render without black bar.

Any suggestions on how to approach this? By realtime playback the video looks great, if only I could get it to render right..

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points