Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

My Adobe Flash CS6 Color Picker has ODD colors. I'm using Mac Mini OSX 10.8.1. Is there a fix?

Sep 4, 2012 10:45 AM

Tags: #color #adobe #flash #lion #mac #osx #picker #cs6 #mountain

hah.jpg

My Adobe Flash CS6 Color Picker has ODD colors. I'm using Mac Mini OSX 10.8.1. Is there a fix?

I click on the color picker and where I have seen the normal #0000ff blue color on my windows computer, this mac Mountain lion version shows a purple-ish color. Oddly, If I enter the hex # into the color picker, and use it as a fill, the correct color displays on the stage but when i use the eyedropper on that color, it shows it as the purple color again on the toolbar.

I've seen a similar thing like this happen when using adobe photoshop. However, the usual solution is to just make the managed color profile set to monitor RGB. The only downside with Flash is there is no preference to set that. The color palette in Adobe Photoshop displays as it should with the correct blue.

I should also note that I'm using a Samsung 941bw monitor with my mac mini which could also be part of the problem.

I figured i'd make this post anyway just in case it's the OS & Adobe Flash CS6 and not the monitor.

I've included a screenshot as well that shows that i've chosen the purple color and then made a rectangle shape on the stage and it comes out blue.

Thanks ahead for your response(s)

-Line

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 5, 2012 2:39 AM   in reply to Line

You can try changing the color display settings of your monitor to Adobe RGB (1998).

System Preferences > Displays > Color and see if that helps.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 16, 2012 3:21 AM   in reply to Line

Hello,

Please do note that Flash Professional CS6 is not supported on MAC OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points