Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator 16.0.1 patch is not applicable?

Sep 7, 2012 7:31 AM

Tags: #illustrator #problem #update #cs6

Gentlemen, I've just downloaded a stand-alone 16.0.1 update (Application Manager v. 6.2.112.0 didn't see it for some reason) and that's what I get tying to install it:

Screen Shot 2012-09-07 at 4.54.00 PM.png

Any thoughts? Please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 9, 2012 11:03 PM   in reply to andrew.kramar

Hi andrew.kramar,

Could you confirm whether you have subscription or Perpetual license. This could be easily verified by navigating to "Help->Deactivate" and checking the status (It should read "Creative Cloud" for subscription). Moreover, check the version of the AI by navigating to "About Illustrator".

For the successful application of this patch, you could do a quick check and verify that the Activation status should be other than "Creative Cloud" and Version should be "16.0.0".

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 12:57 AM   in reply to andrew.kramar

Hi Andrew,

I don't think that it is a *feasible* workaround. Maybe it could impact the application of future patches, if delivered.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 10:36 PM   in reply to andrew.kramar

I would like to know if there is a fix for this as well.  I have the same issue.  My copy of Illustrator is a perpetual license (version 16.0.0).  Does anyone have a workaround.  I did install it successfuly on my laptop, but my desktop give me the error message seen above.  Thanks.

BTW - I'm on Windows 7

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 10:41 PM   in reply to {KMS}

Hi KMS,

Please update the Adobe Application Manager on your desktop to version 6.2 ( @ http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773 ). Download the .exe mentioned on the link and then run it to update the AAM. Afterwards, please try applying the patch again.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 10:44 PM   in reply to Nishant Kumar Thakur

Got it to work...had to update Adobe Aplication Manager to latest version.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 10:45 PM   in reply to {KMS}

Thanks for confirming.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 10:54 PM   in reply to Nishant Kumar Thakur

Hi there - I have done this, updated the app manager, and I keep getting the same error above.

I had totally cleaned my system using the Adobe cleaner CS5 + CS6 tool, and had done a fresh install.  Adobe photoshop did in fact update, (although I got an error at the end of the install process) but I cant for the life of me update Adobe Illustrator.  No matter WHAT I do, I cant get a system initiated update to start, or install anything downloaded from the Adobe website.

Im tearing my hair out here!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 10:48 AM   in reply to andrew.kramar

Hi there, I am having a similar problem:

Having similar problem.

I have 'Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master collection'

CS6 on a macbook pro mountain lion, when i update through the application manager, it says everything is up to date, but when I actually open Illustrator, and click on get info, I still get that I have the '16.0.0' version, when I know from Adobe's website that the latest is'16.0.4'.

I also tried applying the updates manually but I get:

"update failed, updates could not be applied, this patch is not applicable for you"

Si I am stuck at 16.0.0, I also tried uninstalling everything and re-installing again with no luck.

I also removed and reinstalled application manager with the same results.

Will wait for your reply,

Many thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2014 7:43 AM   in reply to Jaimegilmore

Hi

Am also having this problem but as an added painin the butt illustrator freezes and cannot be used.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

S

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points