Skip navigation
180_Photo
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Problem with Custom Paper Sizes

Sep 7, 2012 10:19 AM

Tags: #printing_problem #printing_settings #printing_issues #printing_printer

When printing on Epson printers (4800,4880,4900) in the Photoshop print settings dialogue box it won't allow me to print at a custom paper size using the sheet or manual feed settings. The paper feed option defaults to Roll Paper when I create the custom paper size, and then when I change it and try and save the settings it just reverts back to roll paper. If I try and send a print after this then the printer won't accept it because it's being told to print on a roll instead of sheet. Why is this?? I'm using CS6 and OS 10.7 and I've never experienced this problem with any previous Photoshop/ Mac OS X before. Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 10:49 AM   in reply to 180_Photo

Same issue here. From what I can tell (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=67536.0) the problem seems to be related to OS 10.7.

I remedied the issue by going to my printer, then following Menu->Printer Settings->Sheet Size Ck and turning it off. No problem printing on custom sizes, because it doesn't even check for it, just prints on whatever is in your printer. Not an entirely preferable solution if you use many different sizes of paper, but definitely workable.

Hope this is helpful.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2013 5:37 AM   in reply to 180_Photo

I ran into the same issue with CS6 with the paper size changing while trying to print a 30"x42" document.  I believe the issue is with the .psd.  What worked for me was flattening the .psd and saving it as a .jpg.  This allowed me to print.

Hope this works for you. 

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,979 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    May 2, 2013 6:27 AM   in reply to 180_Photo

I use a pc therefor Windows and PC Photoshop.  Anyway The way this works in Philosophy windows print dialog you have to set both Photoshop print settings and the printer driver settings.  And if Photoshop is to handle colors you must set off the device drivers color management. Photoshop Dialog has a printer setting button. I use that to set the device driver setting like color management off, print quality and custom paper size and source roll paper.

print.jpg

I also wrote a script to tile image into a document for printing on roll paper and eliminate paper  waste. http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PasteImageRoll.html

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/rollpaper.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,979 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    May 2, 2013 6:52 AM   in reply to mary01212

mary01212 wrote:

I ran into the same issue with CS6 with the paper size changing while trying to print a 30"x42" document.  I believe the issue is with the .psd.  What worked for me was flattening the .psd and saving it as a .jpg.  This allowed me to print.

Hope this works for you. 

Photoshop is a document editor can save psd files  but its editing a layered document and I have no problem setting up my printed on layered documents. But then I'm using a PC not a Mac.

layeredprint.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points