• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MVP title is laughable!!!

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wonderful title pasted on some people's forehead is laughable because I have seen a member whose only contribution on these forums is to ask 114 questions and he is now an MVP.

How did this guy become an MVP?

[Edted to remove personal details because personal attacks are against forum policy. See http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2326.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot respond about that contributor, but can state that in many forums, that I frequent, asking for info, is an unfortunate part of the "job." In some of those forums, we have even done FAQ Entries, and articles, explaining what info is needed, and how to gather it. Far too many posters treat their systems, or their Projects, as "state secrets." Getting even the most rudimentary tid-bits, often will take dozens of questions, and then, some still refuse.

Not sure if that is the case here, but if all posters just gave the matter some thought, prior to posting, those questions might not be necessary.

Imagine calling your auto mechanic, with "my car doesn't run right... " How many questions would be necessary for them to remotely diagnose the issue(s)?

It could also be that that person has passed all the certification tests, and has earned that badge?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything about the user in question, but I surmise from the user name that he or she is probably an Adobe user group manager. I believe all UGMs were automatically added to the MVP list when it was created, as were those of us who are Adobe Community Professionals, like me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The person you mentioned is an Adobe Community Professional. For more information on that program, see http://www.adobe.com/communities/professionals/ .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines